Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Spinning Wing decoy...

Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Spinning Wing decoy...

I was lookin at spinning wing decoys...any1 know anything about them. Do they work good as people say. Thanks

Old 06-14-2006, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Spinning Wing decoy...

i have heard that it works too good. but that's just hear-say.
les
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

I think that they can be effective, but not always. When they first came out, not a whole lot of people had them, and they worked ridiculously well. They do mimic the backspin of ducks wings pretty well, but after everyone and there brother started getting them, ducks started to wise up a bit i think. They seem like they dont work quite as good anymore, and later in the season they sort of seem to spook ducks a little. I think that after seeing them all season, they start to shy away from them. We usually only use our's in like the first half of the season.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:05 AM

They work! Here are a few I have used for the last four years in N.Texas....
1. WINDUK - pic below..

2. Mojo Duck and Dove Decoys
3. URE-A-DUCK 3 d Flapper dove and teal decoys

More info is available at

Old 06-16-2006, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Truscott Pimp

They work! Here are a few I have used for the last four years in N.Texas....
1. WINDUK - pic below..

2. Mojo Duck and Dove Decoys
3. URE-A-DUCK 3 d Flapper dove and teal decoys

More info is available at

What do you think of the wind-powered spinning wing? I've been thinking of buying one of these because they're about $50 cheaper than the motorized. Does it take much wind? Bring in the birds?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:06 AM

Here is a WINDUK decoy review I did for a couple magazines and my website the Guides Gear Pro-Shop...

http://www.txhunts.com/pro_shop_3_.htm

WINDUKs Help Put More Ducks in the Decoys

Waterfowl hunters across the world are choosing
this simple yet effective Motion Duck Decoy to put moremeat on their tables. Of all the great hunting gear available at your local Sportsman’s Warehouse, the WINDUK spinning wing decoy is a true favorite of mine. If you are a fellow hardcore “raider in waders” waterfowl type, this motion decoy could be just what you need.

Ardent Duck hunters that still value the old “Made in America” credo manufacture WINDUK Decoys in Godfrey Illinois. Their entire product line is manufactured in the United States. WINDUK’s strong belief and commitment to made in America products is more than a marketing slogan. It is the foundation of their success and motion decoy based product assortment.

The WINDUK decoy line was created to be an addition to your existing traditional floating decoy spread. While in use, it gives your whole decoy spread more movement. Meaning, when ducks see the spinning wing action, they often come closer and become much more interested in your decoy set up.

With a required minimum 5 mile per hour wind speed, the fight is on…, a fight to win the battle for more ducks in the decoys. Which to my knowledge is a universal desire among worldwide duck hunters? Many of my Aussie duck hunting friends call it the “spin to win decoy.” Which I believe is Australian hunting slang for “you yanks invented another deadly decoy”. Another key benefit of the WINDUK DECOY is that they do not rely on battery driven motors. Which are typically found on the majority of all motion duck decoys currently in use?
This decoy is lightweight, easy to deploy-transport, and works best in pairs or when combined with other WINDUKS amongst your favorite floating spread.

There are two basic models of WINDUK to choose from, The Original WINDUK or the newer Guides Choice WINDUK. This decoy model is available in Drake-Hen Mallard, a Drake Pintail, Black Duck, Snow Goose and Blue Snow Goose.

Years ago, my brother and I were hunting our favorite North Texas Lake with seven combined WINDUK Original model decoys, and about two dozen floaters. The early morning conditions were excellent and we enjoyed a steady North wind of about eight miles per hour. To make a long story short, when the game warded checked us later that morning, he immediately asked about our favored spinning wing decoys. It seems when
he saw all those motion decoys in action, from across the lake. They appeared to look like small electrical wind generators of some type. This unusual appearance combined with a steady stream of decoying ducks being pounded like scud missles over Kuwaite, urged him to test our regulation compliance. Some states allow for hunting with the wind driven motion decoys, while banning all battery operated motion decoys. So check your local area’s waterfowl regulations to be on the safe side.

On your next visit to Sportsman’s warehouse, be sure to look for these WINDUK Decoys. And perhaps see why fellow duck hunters across the globe are buying these decoys. They certainly help hunters put more meat on the table. Be safe and enjoy your next Duck season!

Old 07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a mojo drake decoy and tried it out for the first time last year. I had it out for the youth hunt and the mallards dropped in and didnt even think twice, but then when the season came around they were more weary of it and I stopped bringing it. Havent decided if I am gonna use it at all this year or not.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

early season i may use it late no way i had people with 3 dzn deeks +mojo about 100 yds down the lake didnt hear a shot from them all morning, now if i could shoot straight i woulda had my limit
Old 07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Spike

I have been using them with good success for several years now. I do agree as the season progesses, the birds become shy of this decoy. Once the birds begin to shy from the decoy, I turn it on for only a second or so when the birds are facing my direction and have had good results. BTW, I run these off of a 12 V deep cycle battery using a cheap light switch. You just have to wire 2 decoys in series.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

They work good but check laws cause just a couple of yars ago some states out lawed them

Quick Reply: Spinning Wing decoy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.