HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Benelli or Rem. 11-87 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/144894-benelli-rem-11-87-a.html)

chaselton 06-12-2006 05:01 PM

Benelli or Rem. 11-87

As you know there is about a 400 dollar price difference.Doesn't sound like much but when you are looking at spending 1k dollars on a gun it is just alot for me to come up w/ but I want the best bang for the buck so to speak. Given a choice would you rather have a Benelli superblack eagle II or a Rem. 11-87 Super Mag. ??????Why????

huntingbuddy419 06-12-2006 10:35 PM

RE: Benelli or Rem. 11-87

SBE II definatly, they are lighter at least thats what I think,

cascadedad 06-13-2006 10:14 AM

I've had them both. The Benelli is absolutely a dream to clean. That is the best thing about the gun IMO. I had an older SBE. I did not like the fact that it jammed so frequently. It is the shotgun of preference in my area and most people love them. To me, it cost too much for the performance or lack there of. I have been around others that jam also. Prior to the Benelli I had an 11-87. In was a great gun, but a piece broke in the receiver and I had it fixed by my local gunsmith. I sold it because I wanted a Benelli. That was quite a few years ago and over that time, the part that broke off in the 11-87 was the only such instance my gunsmith said he has seen.

Having said that, I have had a Browning Gold 3 1/2" Stalker for the last several years and I wouldn't trade it for any other. My brother also has the exact gun except with MOSG camo. I bought my son a 3" Gold Stalker for this last Christmas/B'day. These guns have performed flawless. I bought my son's brand new Gold off Gunbroker for $680. $50 for shipping/handling/ffl and at the time a $100 rebate for a final price of $630. That is an awesome gun for the money. I know you have to wade through a ton of overpriced stuff on GB, but if you are patient and lucky you can make a good deal.

Duckbuster612 06-14-2006 10:21 AM

Im 100% remington...thats all I own. I like the 11-87, its good for crows and waaterfowl :-)

Gundigest 06-20-2006 11:03 AM

I have the SBE II with Comfortech and my father and a friend have one also. The three guns had a lot of different loads put through them last year between goose hunting and duck hunting and they didn't jam once. They are lighter, smoother and have less felt recoil than the Rem. I love mine and if I had to do it over again I would get the same gun.

petrey10 06-21-2006 08:26 PM

Remington 1100 Sporting 12ga for the win!!!! sorry I know its off topic but I just bought this gun and love it to death

MinnFinn 06-30-2006 08:42 PM

The Benelli will out perform and out last the Remington by many years and many fewer misfed rounds while hunting. So, figure how much a missed opportunity is to you. Some that you'll never get another chance at.

Then prorate the $400 difference you say there is over 20 years. $20 / year to shot a heck of a lot better shotgun and you won't be buying another one if you any average hunter in 20 years either, unless it's to trade in on new features.

I'd personally buy the Benelli M1 Super 90 (as I have). This 3" chambered. But it's a heck of a shotgun for $300 less than the SBE.

Higg 07-01-2006 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

The Benelli will out perform and out last the Remington by many years and many fewer misfed rounds while hunting........

..............a heck of a lot better shotgun and you won't be buying another one if you any average hunter in 20 years either, unless it's to trade in on new features.

While the Benelli is an excellent shotgun, I would by no means say it will outlast the remington by "many years". I am not a fan of remington rifles, but remington shotguns are the only ones I'll own. I have and 870 and two 11-87's, one 12ga and one 20ga, and all have been flawless. The 870 and the 11-87 12ga for many, many years.

Silent Stalker456 07-05-2006 04:02 PM

i would always go with the remington, but benelli's are so light and no records have been broken with remingtons. but i would still go with the remington unless you want the bragging rights of the sbe2.

Passthrew 07-06-2006 07:00 AM

I shoot a SBE, it's the way to go!