HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   My first two ducks! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/128339-my-first-two-ducks.html)

Nathan67 01-09-2006 10:55 PM

My first two ducks!

Got me two wood ducks this morning! Man, I shoulda started this a long time ago. Don't get me wrong I love deer hunting, but this is different. There just ain't nothing like standing in a big woody swamp come first light when they start zooming by at a mile a minute.
I was intimidated by the big boats and blinds that I don't have, so I never really pursued duck hunting. Around here, its like a religion and can cost big bucks. I always thought it was just for the rich kids. Little did I know that anyone with a bag full of dekes, a decent call, some waders and agood old 870 magnumncan just walk right into the flooded timber and have at it. Guess where I'll be for the next 19 days!!

KonaBoy 01-10-2006 05:41 AM

RE: My first two ducks!

Congrats! Looks like you had a great time!

Cory

Rebel Dog 01-10-2006 05:53 AM

Some of the best hunting can be where there has been no hunting. Congatulations and welcome to the other side.

j. plate 01-12-2006 01:43 PM

We got him boys!! Hook, line, and sinker......

You don't need all the latest toys to hunt waterfowl successfully.

Congrats on your first birds, and welcome to the fraternity.

Check this place out too......you'll learn a lot there:

The Refuge Forums

Rebel Hog 01-12-2006 01:46 PM

Way to go Nathan! Congrat's!

hunt genious 01-12-2006 02:15 PM

Congrats nathan I find that i spend more time waterfowling than deer hunting it seems to provide more sarenity and more action

Carpmaster 01-12-2006 05:31 PM

Congrats on A perfect limit of woodies!!! That is a nice way to start!

loverboy9_1_1 01-12-2006 06:15 PM

CONGRATS!!! Now he is hooked!

Nathan67 01-25-2006 10:46 PM

Well, I've killed quite a few woodies so far in the timber since I started duck hunting, andtoday I got to go hunt over a rice field that a friend of mine owns which was really cool of him to take me on his off day. I'm not ashamed to admit I missed a shot at a group of two greenheads that flew just within range. But a little while later I shot a mallard hen that flew right into our spread, so I didn't get totally skunked. She just folded right up, looked like I shot a pillow.I really wanted those greenies though. I should have let em work for a little longer and come in a little closer. (live and learn, right?)We saw a little more action after that but not much. Had a great time though. I'm praying for a better year next year.

Diesel77 01-26-2006 05:31 AM

Congrats. I'd love to shoot some woodies.