Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Let's see your blinds

Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Let's see your blinds

Just curious to see what some of the other hunters blinds look like. Possibly get some ideas for the next season

Marks, MS
Flooded Timber Blind:

Old 01-03-2006, 12:59 PM

Default RE: Let's see your blinds

Rice Field blind: Marks, MS

Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i had a pic i wouldnt show it.. wouldnt compare close. lol we usually lay against the shore behind some brush or use our layouts.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:46 AM

screw blinds man... i can hunt out of a friggin card board box, not move, and the ducks would come in like chickens. Its all about the decoys and how the rig is setup. well scratch that, blinds are important, it doesent matter the design, as long as it floats and it is well camoed
Old 01-04-2006, 11:55 AM

good lord... my blind wouldnt compare... i usually slip into some cane in my timber or up into a stump and move some brush around me... we have built a couple out of old christmas trees and some latice... but wow it wouldnt compare to those
Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

A pic of ours is in the contest pics thread....
Old 01-04-2006, 05:07 PM

I'm lucky to have two blinds on my hunting lease. Actually, one is a sunken pit. Nothing fancy about it...just a 6' x 12' tank sunk into the ground with some lime and gravel on the bottom. We put removable 2 x 4 frames with corregated fiberglas to keep out the water on top, but remove them and cover up with corn stalk bundles when hunting it. The blind has got completely out of hand. It's backed up to the treeline, and measures approx 12' x 20'. It's on stilts, has an overhang with grass matts seperating the front and back, and a porch to shoot from. The inside has several barstools, three propane heaters, shelves, hooks, and a working apartment stove (some of the guys insist on breakfast when the action's slow). We've brushed the top, front, and sides with pin oak branches, cane, and grasses. Almost forgot the dog ramp and mallard machine hook-up. It's practically a condo. If I can figure it out, I'll try to post some pictures this week.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: 20 Fan

I'm lucky to have two blinds on my hunting lease. Actually, one is a sunken pit. Nothing fancy about it...just a 6' x 12' tank sunk into the ground with some lime and gravel on the bottom. We put removable 2 x 4 frames with corregated fiberglas to keep out the water on top, but remove them and cover up with corn stalk bundles when hunting it. The blind has got completely out of hand. It's backed up to the treeline, and measures approx 12' x 20'. It's on stilts, has an overhang with grass matts seperating the front and back, and a porch to shoot from. The inside has several barstools, three propane heaters, shelves, hooks, and a working apartment stove (some of the guys insist on breakfast when the action's slow). We've brushed the top, front, and sides with pin oak branches, cane, and grasses. Almost forgot the dog ramp and mallard machine hook-up. It's practically a condo. If I can figure it out, I'll try to post some pictures this week.
So, are you taking applications for new friends any time soon!!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

duck buster clearly you have not had the luxury of being out of the sleat snow rain and.wind.. plus a cardboard box is ruined after being in the rain for a few minutes
Old 01-06-2006, 10:53 PM

just go to sears and get a new fridge box every day... u can have a brand new blind to hunt in every single day!

Quick Reply: Let's see your blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.