Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Cabelas Vortex?????

Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Cabelas Vortex?????

Has anyone hunted over one of these? I get to this afternoon, my uncle has a field that has over 1,000 Mallards hitting in in the evenings. He has the vortex and ask me if i wanted to go along with them. I am so pumped it is not even funny. Well i was just wondering if anyone has hunted with one of these and how they liked it.

Thanks,
deer-hunter18
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM

Default RE: Cabelas Vortex?????

well i pretty well live to hunt ducks and geese, and i dont think ive even heard of a vortex? is it one of those things that you can attach two mojo's to and they spin around? if it is those things are pretty sweet but im not exactly sure what a vortex is.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 AM

That is exactly what it is, and let me tell you it is AWESOME. There was 8 of us hunting and we had 32 mallards (our limit) in like 1 hour and all of the ducks wanted to land right on the vortex. It was the best duck hunt i have ever been on, and i am going back this afternoon to do it again.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 PM

well congratulations on a fine hunt. those things looked pretty cool to me. id like to have one, but i dont think our budget would allow it. lol. glad to hear you had a good hunt. maybe we can convert you to change your name to duck-hunter18.lol. im just kiddin i aint got nothin agianst deer huntin its just not my favorite. good luck this year.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 AM

Hey thanks we shot another 32 mallards yesterday afternoon. I love field hunting for ducks, my first time was a few days ago and i am hooked, i dont ever want to water hunt again.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

In the market to buy one?? I have one, and it is absolutely awesome!!! Works like a charm, and they really do want to land RIGHT on TOP of it.. However, AR just went to a no spinning wing decoy state, so i can't use it anymore...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suckers a duck magnet. It's a Y-shaped pole with two wind powered lucky ducks stuck on the ends.

A few years ago I was hunting in Kansas and could see some guys maybe 300 yards away using some type of contraption and ducks would pass us right up and file into their dekes. We asked them later on after they got their limits what they were using, and it was a Vortex.

A few weeks after that Garen (a buddy) bought one and we used it on some WMA's here in Arkansas last year before they got outlawed.

The sucker is magic. It brings ducks down from up high and right into gun range.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ironically, Garen posted right before me on this thread, that's him in the pic.

Here's another...
Old 12-07-2005, 09:20 PM

so there wind powered not electric? i always thought they were electric.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lucky ducks are wind-powered. The Y-contraption is powered by a battery. Usually a car battery. The Y spins off the battery and that in turn spins the wind-powered duck decoy wings.

The Vortex System is battery...the duck decoys are wind.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply: Cabelas Vortex?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.