Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea! >

Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea!

Old 11-05-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea!

Today was our opener, and we were prepared. Shooting time was 6:46am. We had 4 hunters total. Ended up with 24 total which is all of our limits. We were out of the lake by 12:00pm. Hadn't had a limit on the opener in a long time.

How did everyone else do?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:49 PM

Default RE: Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea!

Today was also our opener and it was by far the worst opener weve ever had. Its still freakin hot. I dunno mayb theres not enough ducks down yet. But I came home with a big goose egg.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:21 AM

Where are you guys at? We are still hot as H here in Va. and I am not seeing very many Ducks
Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 PM

I am in North Texas. It's November and it's freakin' 85 degrees outside. There are some ducks in the area but not a lot. You shooting any lately?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM

I slayed em on the 5th too. We got out there early and we all limited out. In fact we got done within the first 30 mins. and we just called ducks in and watched em land for an hour or so after that! It was hot but we were huntin over a pond full of japanese millet so we pretty much were guaranteed to clean up anyways. And if anybody needs any stand-ins for the big contest let me know its gonna be a sweet season down here in Texas...
Old 11-08-2005, 05:36 AM

I see you are in Dallas. Me too, where do you hunt at?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Hey ya i live in the Preston Trail/Bent Tree area in Dallas. I usually hunt about an hour north near Gainesville on a ranch my dad has had forever. Ive actually been scouting Lake Ray Roberts and found a few spots that look pretty ducky. Im gonna try them out hopefully this weekend if i get a chance after our football game. Im a junior in hs and i play outside linbacker, so weekends are gonna be full for the next 3 weeks if we keep winning in the playoffs so i might not be goin much, but if you want i can tell you a few nice spots i found and you could try em out sometime.

P.S. Im lookin for a team to be on in the contest, so if you can sqeeze me in somewhere itd be great.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 PM

The hunting hasn't been to bad around here either. Even though we are in a drought. But good luck on your hunts this weekend. I think I am going on Saturday.

What team do you play for? We were in the playoffs and we got defeated by Tyler Lee.

We have one team member on our team (#14)that hasn't been participating. I will try and see if you can take his spot.

HR

Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM

But i but yalls team didn't go 9-0 to win district! I play football also for the berry bears and i play middle linebacker and tied end!

Quick Reply: Opener Hunt Results..............Ohh Yea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.