Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Nice Duck Blind Needed

Old 11-02-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Nice Duck Blind Needed

Hey i have a ranch out near gainesville, texas and one of my dads friends professionally equips and improves hunting ranches for a living. He brought DU out to our ranch and built us a creekextension coming off of one of our tanks and planted japanese millet all around it. DU also made dredges so that it will purposefully flood in the fall/winter seasons to about 2-3 ft deep. They also built an island in the middle of this creekbed for a big duckblind but we are looking for options on different kinds and styles of blinds to put there. We also want it to be nice and made out of wood, something that will last over the years with good upkeep. If anybody has any ideas let me know were willing to look at anything. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nice Duck Blind Needed

how big is the island? if its big enoughi would put a pit in and that will last you for as long as you want it to
Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM

Well see its a decent size island but wouldnt i have to worry about the water comin in? If not do you have any suggestions on the best way to go about makin a pit blind and wat you think like the ideal pit blind would look like cuz i wanna do it right the first time ya know. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:56 PM

Anybody got any pit blind suggestions? Need help.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:03 PM

is there alot of tall (3 ft. or taller at least) brush on the island. if so i would suggest that you buy the blind that aero outdoors makes. i cant remember what its called but its a really nice blind. its a standing blind that has the basic concept of a pit its just above the ground. you can check out there website www.aerooutdoors.com if you would like to see them. this is what i would suggest you buy though.