HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Some people are just idiots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/113365-some-people-just-idiots.html)

KonaBoy 09-18-2005 07:14 PM

Some people are just idiots

I hunt a marsh for ducks all the time and it's public land and I have no problem with that. My problem is people shooting hoodies and then leaving them to rot, now one corner of the marsh is hardly bareable to jump anymore. Also the "skybusters" must of shot at least 2 boxes of shells and left all of their hulls out there. So me and my dad picked most of them up, but there's still a few here and there. I'm ending my rant now, so whatdo you guys think??

goose huntr22 09-18-2005 07:30 PM

RE: Some people are just idiots

some people just dont care i guess

4simpsons 09-18-2005 07:59 PM

That's unfortunate. We sometimes hunt public ground here in Kansas. We see a lot of the same things. It is folks like that, that give hunters a bad name. I appreciate your efforts to make it right.

Good luck next time.

Mike

trailer 09-18-2005 08:10 PM

I see allot of that and it also frustrates me. People just don’t seem to care. I also do my part and try and pick up after others.

drgildy 09-19-2005 08:39 AM

You are doing the right thing. Keep up the good work. Also if you see someone shoot a duck of any species and leave it to rot, turn them in. We don't need slobs like that ruining our sport for us. They are guilty of wanton waste and definitely would be arrested by a CO if you give him the info!

johnch 09-19-2005 03:06 PM

I see the same BS here in Ohio on public land .
I picked up a 5 gallon bucket of hulls the other day .

But a lot will be used for reloading

Johnch

moosehunter21 09-19-2005 03:25 PM

That sucks about the SKYBUSTERS, but it is god that you are picking up the shells.

frozendisc 09-24-2005 09:22 AM

I agree with DR, if you see any animal shot and left, please...please call your local law enforcement, and turn in any info you can obtain without being confrontational with the offending party. It is through these calls that we will be able to catch, ticket, and prosecute people that are in violation of the game laws. Thanks for the hull pick up, it shows you have a great hunting ethic, andgood luck on your hunting season.

vonottoexperience 09-24-2005 02:43 PM

There's S@#*heads in every state. We have more then our share here. Keep doing the good work, I'm always carrying stuff out of the wood's that aint mine, but I feel good doing it:)

kraizee_skot 09-26-2005 02:47 AM

I think Utah is Skybuster Capitol of the World. Soooo many of those people here on public land. I always wait til it gets cold and freezing, then all the hardcore waterfowlers go out.