Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 federal ultra shok high density >

federal ultra shok high density

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

federal ultra shok high density

Old 07-12-2005, 03:21 PM

Default federal ultra shok high density

i was wondering if anybody has used the new federal high density loads. there supposed to be softer than steel and outperform steel but i'd just like to know what they really do before i go out and pay 17 bucks for ten shells. steel's just not good enough and hevi-shot's to expensive for me. if the shells as good as they say it is then thats what i'll be shooting from now on. if anybody has used it out of a benellie super black eagle it would be really great to have some info because thats what i shoot. thanks guys!
Old 07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: federal ultra shok high density

i doubt if anyone has used those particular shells yet, since they are new on the market and were not available last season.

personally speaking, i've had great results with the federal 3.5" 1 3/8oz steel loads at 1550 fps. got them at walmart for less than $10/box of 25 after the rebate.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:42 PM

yeah thats what we have been usin and they work pretty good. i just thought maybe federal outdid themselves agian. thanks man.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot Hevi-Shot and Kent Impact, I am looking forward to trying the new Federals and Cabelas told me that Winchester had a new non toxic similar to lead.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I got this out of the magazine Waterfowl Hunter, about non-toxic loads, specifically Federal Ultra Shok. "On geese in BB pellets it was devastating to say the least. On ducks even in the #2 pellet it was overkill."......."It is my thinking that those #2's were so good that they could be used as a dual roll load when both ducks and geese are being hunted over the same decoy block."
The author said more stuff then just that about them, so im convinced to get them this year.....they sound great.
Joey