HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wanted-64/)
-   -   pheasants wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wanted/187646-pheasants-wanted.html)

kurdog 04-09-2007 09:11 AM

pheasants wanted

looking for 4 ringneck hens..580-916-8804

wingchaser_labs 04-09-2007 07:26 PM

RE: pheasants wanted

Where are you located? WCL

RLoving1 04-10-2007 04:44 AM

Looks like Oklahoma!

kurdog 04-10-2007 05:31 AM

durant, oklahoma

RLoving1 04-10-2007 09:05 AM

Ah ha I was close enough...my brother lives in Lehigh! I suppose your looking for pen raised birds otherwise I'm sure someone would trap you some if it weren't illlegal.

donm 04-10-2007 10:04 AM

i got some from i guy in maddill a few years back or you could tryQuial Ridge in Tecumseh

muzzleloader_50 04-10-2007 04:56 PM

hey my brother and i and my dad are getting into raising some phesants any info you guys could provide would be help full. how much would you be willing to pay per bird and if you guys know anyone that might be interested in buying some please let me know

wingchaser_labs 04-10-2007 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: muzzleloader_50

hey my brother and i and my dad are getting into raising some phesants any info you guys could provide would be help full. how much would you be willing to pay per bird and if you guys know anyone that might be interested in buying some please let me know
Two of my buddies raise birds and one of them sells the birds to people to take and do what they want with (release or release for training and hunting purposes) and the other raises birds for people to come and hunt. The one charges $7-10 for just the birds depending on how many you want. The other charges $15 for people to come and hunt the birds... I plan on getting a big operation of quail and pheasant once I get out of college. WCL

muzzleloader_50 04-10-2007 06:14 PM

thanks wingchaser thats about what we were thinking no more than 10 bucks per bird. our operation will take a few to start up need to get the money but we were planning or raising around 1000 birds and it takes about 10 weeks for them to be ready to sell

wingchaser_labs 04-10-2007 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: muzzleloader_50

thanks wingchaser thats about what we were thinking no more than 10 bucks per bird. our operation will take a few to start up need to get the money but we were planning or raising around 1000 birds and it takes about 10 weeks for them to be ready to sell
If this is your first go-round and have no experience with it, a 1000 birds may be more than you think your getting yourself into for a starter year. My buddies started with about 250 birds their first year and are both about 500 or a lil more now and they both have trouble getting rid of that many birds. Depends on how good your market outlook may be though.Its not as easy as you would think to sell all those birds. Maybe you have a know demand for it in your area though. I dunno... Maybe some others on here who raise birds have opinions about how they went about their first year... Anyways good for you for pursueing the pheasant buisiness. Its alot of fun and I can't wait till I get my big hunt farm operation going in about 4 years. I do plan on raising a few birds this year maybe like 50-75 for training purposes for my dogs but other than that I need to wait. Well good luck with your plans. WCL