Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Still-Image Camera Recommendation >

Still-Image Camera Recommendation

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Still-Image Camera Recommendation

Old 10-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Spike

Default Still-Image Camera Recommendation

Hello,

I went into a new unit this year for my elk hunt and was pleasantly surprised by the scenery. Using my phone to take pictures was inconvenient (and ultimately I ran out of battery before the end of the trip).

As such, I am looking for recommendations for a light-weight, durable (and preferably small) camera that I can carry in a pocket or on my pack for quick pics...

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2020, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you need to explain more an what you want
do you want a point and shoot camera, that has auto focus and , what about ZOOM, how much, how much optical and how much digital?
and maybe state a budget range?

as some of this above stuff matters on what camera's maybe you might want to consider!
Old 12-08-2022, 01:16 AM
Spike

Thanks for this topic
Old 06-09-2023, 09:33 PM
Spike

I had an epic elk hunt in a new unit with stunning scenery, but my phone couldn't keep up. So, I'm on the hunt for a lightweight, durable camera that fits in my pocket or pack for quick pics. Any recommendations? I want to capture every moment without missing a beat!