Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
What could be wrong with Hunten C30-301R trail cam? >

What could be wrong with Hunten C30-301R trail cam?

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

What could be wrong with Hunten C30-301R trail cam?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Spike

Smile What could be wrong with Hunten C30-301R trail cam?

I have several very good trail cams, then there's the Hunten C30 301R. Every time I place any size mb/gb card in slot, it powers off. If card isn't in, it stays on, but once card slips in, it's like a frigid woman, it shuts down. I contacted customer serv but since I bought online they said they couldn't help. anyone got any info or should I just set this piece of junk up at the house, as a deterent to someone coming on my land? Thanks from SC. 52 degrees this morning, Come On Rut'nnb
Old 09-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few suggestions if you haven't tried: 1)check your batteries, preferably with a digital meter. Any one battery reading 1.0 to 1.2 volts, the camera will not function properly or not at all. 2) reformat your card in the computer. 3)check to make sure your camera recognizes the card (that is the GB is not too high). Try either a different card or different brand of card. Here are some good brands: SanDisk, Verbatim, Adapta and Lexar with SanDisk being recommended by many camera companies. I am not familiar with that brand of camera, but some cameras have a reset button (some Moultrie which has a slide out battery tray. The button for the Moultrie is seen after removing the tray).
Another thing that can upset a camera function is either installing or removing the SD card or batteries with the camera turned on.
The best of luck.