Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Some pics from my Canon.. >

Some pics from my Canon..

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Some pics from my Canon..

Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Some pics from my Canon..

Hi folks, I thought I would share some pics I have gotten so far with my camera.. They are not all that great but the subjects are decent anyways.. The deer in these are being seen because they are currently looking for green growth.. I am still in need of getting used to all the different settings it has. Then I need to figure out which setting to use when I need it.. Thanks for looking and I hope you like them..

There was a total of eight deer crossing the road here..

My first pic of these deer.. I had never seen these ones before this..

A nice bull moose waiting to grow some antlers.. Maybe I will be seeing him again..

I had gotten a little closer to him.. As you can see he is shedding his winter coat..

The doe with her yearlings again 1 week later..

The same group during the same time as above.. Notice how our weather changes to snow half the time..

I saw this little guy looking like he was lost in the snow..LOL

4 days later on my way turkey scouting and checking on the piebald I saw this group of deer. They are different ones than those I watched crossing the road earlier on..

When I got up there the doe with her yearlings were there again..I only took a pic of the piebald this time..

On my way back i got to see some turkeys out strutting with a group of hens..

I even got to see this little guy bobbing across the road..

I saw these turkeys yesterday while going to check on my trailcam..

Now if you would of stayed away from my ladies you would not have gotten hurt..

As you can see I still need to work on getting the settings right with my camera.. Those last pics were enjoyable to watch those turkeys going at it. It is almost a month early for them to be doing this up here.

I hope every one enjoyed the pics none the less.

Now look some one drain the water out...

Not really drained.. The tide is about half way in right now..

Now why would anyone pile these sticks in a tree?

Now this silly thing just wanted to set there and honk at me..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-12-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like you are having fun with that camera. Lots of great subjects to pose for you. Practice, practive with that new camera. Most pics looked like they could be overexposed and perhaps to slow of a shudder speed. It so great that you are putting it to good use though. You will see steady improvement.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, I am getting alot of enjoyment out of it.. That is for sure..I am hoping that my quality of pics will improve for me though. I am getting in all the practice I can right now and then going back and reading my manual. Sometimes I wish it was easier to use though.. I am hoping to get better with time spent taking some more pics. Then I can share a little more of what the back woods of this part of Maine is like for those that want to see..
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

awesome pictures!! that moose picture is awesome!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks..

I took a ride this morning to replace my trailcam and decided to see if I could find any shedded moose antlers. They have that place looking like a cow pasture in there. But for some reason they were turning off the trail just before getting to where my trailcam is. So when looking for those antlers I found what is left of a moose skeleton in there. It was about 3/4 of a mile from my trailcam. I am leaving my trailcam there anyways because after a while they should be back using that trail again.

I was able to see a little bit of wildlife on the way in and on my way out..
The first thing was a ruffed grouse in an aspen tree..

Next I saw a doe with a yearling. The doe tried to hold my attention while the yearling was trying to slip away on me..

Then on my way home I saw this little one and while I was trying to get some pics I never even noticed big momma standing almost right beside me.. LOL I ended up getting back in my pick-up in a hurry.. Then big momma runs into the woods. I know she didn't go very far from me though. So I decided to leave them alone.. LOL Look at those long legs on this yearling.. They all look like this when they are young..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-10-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Spike

Default Some pics from my Canon..

It appears that you have fun with the camera. Many big problem for you to ask. Practice, practive with a new camera. Most of the images that may appear too bright and likely to slow wind speed. It 'so great that you put to good use though. You will see a steady increase.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

A nice selection of pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just figure it may be time to add a few more pics.. I hope you all enjoy them..

I have been seeing these black things coming out almost daily now. Sorry but, I choose to let these bears all have there room and keep my distance.

These pics do not give these bears much justice as they are most likely in the 300 to 400 pound range.. Thanks for looking at these and I hope you all like them..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will try to get a few more pics up after a couple of days.. Thank you all!!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Spike

It's a lot of fun when you bring your camera along with you. You never know what you're gonna see in your destination.

Practice more with your camera and in no time you'll be a good camera shooter as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.