Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
bow mounted camera arm >

bow mounted camera arm

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

bow mounted camera arm

Old 08-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default bow mounted camera arm

Any one know of a decent bow mounted camera arm?

Ideally, I would like one that mounts with the stabililzer.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Spike

I tried building one and it looked good but the recoil of the string would blur out my camera for like 5 secs. I'm sure there is something out there, but I know if you went to make something it would have to be long and I suppose lots of padding.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I would try and stay away from the bow mount systems. They tend to be very hard on a cameras heads.....you'll trash a camera quickly if you use it a lot. Get a camera arm, I know they aren't always pointed where they need to be if your by yourself but you'll be much happier with the footage.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Spike

I have tried the bow/gun mount from Deer Ridge Innovations and I would not suggest going that route. If you wanted to use that as a back up to the tree mounted arm that would be fine for different angle shots but not as your primary video. It is very hard to keep the bow from vibrating while videoing and when the arrow is fired the video will be blurry. You can also use this mount on your gun and again it is ok for back up video. Invest in a good camera arm and solid/fluid head to mount the camera too you will be much happier with the results.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Spike

I am currently working on a camera mount for the Kodak Playsport. It is digital,waterproof and has electronic image stabilization. The weight of the camera is identical to the stabilizer I have on the bow now. I will probably shoot without the stabilizer at first an see how it does.I will post a report and video when I finish testing this week.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Spike

Update on bow mount for Kodak Playsport. The first mount I built was not stable enough. frame by frame, you could make out a blurry arrow. Back to the drawing board. This time, after lots of duct tape and metal straps, I was able to stablize the camera and got some interesting video. There is a lot more engineering to do, but I feel that I can capture hunting video with a bow mounted Playsport. I will post a link to You Tube if anyone is interested in the video. The weight of camera and mount was no more than my current stabilizer.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Fork Horn

i just bought one from www.insanearchery.com for the kodak playsport i just bought it looks like it will work pretty good.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Spike

I have quite a bit of video up on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum captured with the Playsport I am using a mount that Mike Hopkins developed. He can be contacted at http://www.forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot.com/ He is always working on different mounts.

You may find that the camera mounted on the 1/4-20 adapter is unstable when the arrow is released.

Good luck hunting and please go to www.kodakoutdoors.com and post any video you capture with the Playsport.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Spike

Whoops, here is the link to my Youtube videos http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=375lvr&aq=f
Old 09-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

The mounting systems keep getting better. I like the Bowfinger 2.0 for my Panasonic SDR S-26 70x Zoom Camcorder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.