Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Camera for self-videoing hunts >

Camera for self-videoing hunts

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Camera for self-videoing hunts

Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Spike

Default Camera for self-videoing hunts

I am looking at the Flip Videos and the stealh epic cam. I really like the flip video quality. Anyone have one of these with vidoes i can look at? If there is a diffrent camera i should look into let me know.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Spike

I dont know about either of those cameras but I love my new Sony HDR-CX550V. It is high def and has great stabalization. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the lens opens when you cut it on and it is a bit noisy. Here is the link to it.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666073231
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I would say get yourself a more conventional videocamera. The epic cams and similar ones have been proven to not be very good in low light. And you would probably be suprised at how much you move your head (if thats where it is mounted), or the shock from the bow would ruin an otherwise good video. Alot of people forget to follow their deer after the hit. No zoom or any other fetures there.

I don't know how you would even use a flip videocamera in the treestand unless someone else was doing the filming.

A better option for filming your hunts would be a conventional videocamera with a tree arm to hold it all steady.

Not trying to knock your ideas, i just think you wouldn't be happy with the quality.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rupypug
I dont know about either of those cameras but I love my new Sony HDR-CX550V. It is high def and has great stabalization. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the lens opens when you cut it on and it is a bit noisy. Here is the link to it.

How's the manual focus work? Is it a dial?

My old sony had a small dial under the strap and was a pain to work.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Robow45
How's the manual focus work? Is it a dial?

My old sony had a small dial under the strap and was a pain to work.
It is a dial right under the lens but it works great for me.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Spike

It is a dial right under the lens but it works great for me.
really, i doubt about that
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

i have a flip and really like it but also ive used a little jvc camcorder which also worked very well and easy to move on the arm/tripod
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Spike

Take a look at the Kodak Playsport. It records in 1080P and 720P 60 FPS which is great for slow motion. Water proof and electronic image stabilization. You can by just the Playsport or get it in a bundle.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Spike

It is NOT the camera, it is the photographer that takes the perfect picture.The camera is a tool. I am a photographer. I want to suggest you one thing that the perfect picture could be one that I personally like or which makes me the most money or wins competitions. Hasselblad Canon Nikon are the goods brands they make excellent qualities.so just try one of them.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Spike

I just picked up the Sony HDR-XR550V which is basically the same cam as this except it has a HDD...It was a bit pricey, but it is a pretty sweet little camera. I can't complain about the footage at all. Seems to be decent in lowlight too. I know its not a top of the line professional camera with tons of bells and whistles, but it is a decent prosumer cam that takes nice footage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.