Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Can you help please!?! >

Can you help please!?!

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Can you help please!?!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Spike

Question Can you help please!?!

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for some advice on a video camera. My boyfriend is a huge bowhunter and is just starting to get me into it. He really wants to buy a video camera and start filming are hunts, yes he is going to torture me and film me on my first hunt ever!! I was thinking since our anniversary is coming up that I would surprise him with a video camera, the only thing is I have absolutely no idea on what kind is good for outside filming. I am willing to spend up to about $500.00 so if you guys know of any good ones I would really appreciate the advice!
Thanks for looking!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Spike

I found in reading reviews that Sony makes the best low light cams in that price range. I had the Sony CX-110 and loved it. I would go with high def you will be glad you did. Its the wave of the future. I will try and post some videos with the hdr-cx110.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Spike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYoYGJigqcQ

See if this works. If it does also click on the one that says turkey shoot. I didn't get him on film but you can hear the sound and see the picture from the camera. Also make sure you watch it in hd.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Spike

The footage is super clear and it looks great! Do you have any videos of it with animals moving around? How does it do with low light?
thanks for the help!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have one lucky boyfriend, I bet he would be happy with anything you got him.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Spike

I don't have any video with the amimals moving around. I am going this weekend to try and get some. I bought a new camera though, the Sony HDR-CX550V. It is the same concept, it just has a few more features and also costs $700.00 more. I still dont think you can go wrong with the one I recommended in your price range.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Well this is the only thing I had my camera out for that was moving this weekend. Make sure you watch in 1080 HD. It is a quail. But he is moving and to me it looks good. Keep in mind that You Tube degrades the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ1SwwuZUVM
Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Spike

Here's some footage shot with the CX110 that was recommended. It's not exactly hunting footage but it shows what the cam can do...
I'd never run across this model cam before but man this thing is pretty cool.. shoots some great footage IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4DCJjwJCDk
Old 04-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

Also here's a night time vid that shows how good the low light is... It's a Sony, so I wouldn't expect anything less than great low light!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4DCJjwJCDk
Also, the on board mic seems to actually be pretty decent on this thing, you can hear the slush of the snow pretty good when he's walking.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Spike

Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate the advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.