Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Nocturnal Wildlife Photography >

Nocturnal Wildlife Photography

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Nocturnal Wildlife Photography

Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Spike

Default More Photos

Got a few new photos from last week.

Still haven't got the lighting right, but....

Hope y'all enjoy.

The new set-up with the dual IR beam sensors.

A couple more from this morning.

Pulled everything out this morning. They're calling for rain tonight, and we need it. This will be it for a while, I promise.

Later.

Last edited by BowNC; 04-20-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Spike

Definitely much better quality pics than any trail camera. Only downside is the cost of setting up a good digital SLR and all the extras in the woods. I would never put my Nikon D50 out there. Either way, great pics. Keep them coming.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Spike

Hi CG.

"Only downside is the cost of setting up a good digital SLR and all the extras in the woods."

This is (very) private property and I'm responsible for security here. After fourteen years, I (like to) believe my reputation is pretty well established.

The real concern is rain. It took me long enough to save-up the money for that stuff. Being a person of rather humble financial means, I don't even want the added expense of replacement. I've had a few close calls, but... knock on wood... so far so good. (I did have to dew-proof everything, though)
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Spike

wow cool pictures really neat to see these guys thanks for sharing.hope you get the lighting nailed down they look pretty good.