Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Looky Here!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Looky Here!

Nice pics thanks for sharing.. I had a friend that took one with him one day and stated a buck was snorting at him and that the mother was no wheres around.. I explained it most likely wasn't a buck snorting at all. Rather it was the mother trying to get him away from the fawn. Eventually a group of us talked him into taking it back where he had found it. To this day I am not sure if the mother took it back or not but I like to think so. Mother nature meant for them to be wild so why not let them..?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Here is one that the mother got killed and he was just born, Couldn't quite walk yet. They are aggressive and the hooves are sharp. He would want to play with me. Sometimes caught me off guard and hurt me with them. I would be laying on the couch and he jumped on me when he came into the cabin.

He was also very gentle. Loved to lick me ( the salt on the skin ). Their tongues are so soft. I got stung by a wasp and he licked it. The pain went away just after and so did the swelling.

Cost me $400 in milk from June to Sept.

He was great to have and taught me a lot. What foods they really like and and other habits. I would walk with him. Come Nov he was running with the other deer as i kept him wild once he knew his name and the word milk. He stayed out in an island of bush until I called him . I would see him and as the deer were running away I would call him. He came to me for a petting then ran back to the deer out in the field. My human scent did not bother the other deer????

Here is a video clip of him. I called him "Tinker"
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sYIiBUw1I[/link]

Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice vid thanks for sharing! I hope as he grows he learns to stay away fom humans in order for him to survive and give fair chase when some one is hunting for him..
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

If there was a truck coming down the driveway it was tail up and he was gone. ( people would say I seen a wt driving in ) If it was my truck, he watched me until I got stopped and then he would come to see me. Just like a dog. With strangers he would watch just with in the bush line, If i called him only then would he come and meet you LOL
ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

Nice vid thanks for sharing! I hope as he grows he learns to stay away fom humans in order for him to survive and give fair chase when some one is hunting for him..
Old 07-21-2009, 03:52 AM

hi nice pic.thanks for sharing with us..when he would grow he will learn how to protect from human.