Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Why you video?

Old 11-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Spike

Default Why you video?

I was talking with a team member last night about how we got started videoing. I know that it is like hunting once you start it gets in you and there is know stopping. So, why do you guy/gales video?

By the way we do it for the company. To produce a DVD/T.V. show.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Spike

Default RE: Why you video?

I started because I wanted to preserve the memories of my hunts with friends and family. Then I realized in addition to filming myself and my friends, I could film others and make a little side cash. So I do it first and foremost for fun, but also to make some extra cash and meet new people.

JIM
Old 11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

It's great to have footage to edit and play with all winter long then pop in the DVD at next years deer camp
Old 11-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my case, I found I loved sharing my stories, and when you have a camera in the tree you can capture some cool stuff - forever!

Also, I think for many guys, it just adds a new element to the hunt. Up's the challenge, regardless of what you hunting! It's also pretty cool to be able to share a hunt with a buddy in the field. Something I never realized was SOOO cool until I started hunting with a cameraman!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watching the Thrill of the hunt through a viewfinder is just something you can't explain!

well you can...but you get the point.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

I started doing it just because I like to watch wildlife in its element. Then the more I did it the more fun it was to try to capture an excellent hunt and kill on video, especially by yourself (and reference the shot location before blood trailing the deer). And it kind of passes the time when you get to tape the little deer since you're not going to shoot them.

One great thing that came from this for me was making a DVD and sending it to my little cousin who loves deer and turkey. He absolutely loves it when he gets a new hunting DVD from me. And that in itself makes it all worth it.

I actually found a used camcorder like mine and picked it up and gave it to my dad. He was skeptical but he enjoys it for the same reasons as me.

I am pretty much my own little one man hunting show because I shoot (bow) and film from my stand all by myself.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM

I have done it in the past to get some videos of my father hunting. I wishI had continued to do this but I have stopped mainly because the video camera thatI had broke and my wife won't let me take the new one hunting! Every now and thenI like to look back at those videos and remember how the hunting used to be. Everyone who watches the videos comments on how things have changed and how the animals have gotten more scarce.

Axis
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I started because I love to see the hunt over and over..............I now have a TV show and am doing it for a living.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started becauseI have a passion for re-living my memories. I never thought the end result was enough.(Not just a picture)

I started filming in the late 80's when I was 12....and I remember how excited I got to get a deer on video. It has challenged me in many ways..computer crashes, stress, split seconds opportunities I missed because I went for the record button rather than my bow or gun. But the end result...I have a compiled fully editted DVD of every hunting season and the high lights. All my family and friends love them. I started my own website and it needs more work. I just love video.

I have a wedding video side business that pays for toys and family trips...but my dream would be to make a living at it. I sometimes watch 10 second clips of deer kills over and over and over..I just love the stack up of music, slow motion editting and me and friends in the woods.

Some love it, some dont. We love it!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got into it because of Todd and the DVD but now I do it because when you are behind the camera you get a kill everyday!! And Todd is right sharing it with a friend in the tree with you is awesome.. Walt

Quick Reply: Why you video?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.