Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Sennheiser wireless lav replacement? >

Sennheiser wireless lav replacement?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Sennheiser wireless lav replacement?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Spike

Default Sennheiser wireless lav replacement?

I was hoping someone could recommend a replacement lavalier mic for the Sennhesier G2 100 wireless system. We've had ours less than 3 months and we're having problems with the ME2 lav cord giving us horrible noises anytime it's bumped. Almost seems like one of the contacts is coming loose internally, but I didin't try to tear it apart. We haven't abused it, but we don't carry it into the stand in it's own hard case either...maybe we should be? I see that B&H has replacements for $100, but am I going to run into the same problem? Does anyone know of a good replacement for the ME2 that's better equiped for field use? Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sennheiser wireless lav replacement?

mics are fragile. I don't know of anything more durable. I hope I get more than 3 months out of mine, but realize they are fragile. The wires are thin and even trying to take care f them they get abused.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee, I hate to see that you have a problem with yours! 100 bucks is a steep price for something so small.

If it is any consolation, I run many sets of G2 100 Sennheiser wireless mics, and I do NOT treat them with tender loving care, yet I have not had a failure yet. I always wrap the cord around the transmitter and simply toss it in my backback when I am not wearing it. I do not purposely abuse it, but I don`t put it in a case either.

Maybe you just had bad luck with one, and if you replace it, it will be OK this time around?

Good luck......
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Send it back. At only 3 months old, surely it is covered under warranty.