Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Kudos to all of you

Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kudos to all of you

who are successful at filming and making quality vid, i didnt realize just how hard it was and all that there is too it before i started. i used to think people went out there and filmed hunts and went straight to tv, and wow what a surprise it was for me, theres audio,editing and even quality filming that are obsatcles u have to overcome.......Anyways, just wanted to give a shout out to all that are doing this successfully. MichiganWhietails74, skin dog,michaelhunsucker, hoosier hunter, lungbuster, the WKP crew and every one else whofilms quality footageout there

sincerely,
extra-amateur videographer Steven McBee
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kudos to all of you

Thanks Steven,it is alot of hard work, sometimes i put in more hours editing than i do at my regular carpentry gig................it's good to see you can get a better appreciation from trying it yourself.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man!!!!You hit the nail on the head anybody can shoot footage it's getting great footage that is the difference!! I am lucky in that I only have to shoot it and then ship it offso I don't see the countless hrs that goes into the editing side thank God!!! Walt
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! It's a lot of work, but it's so worth it in the end. I just finished producing Rut Junkie's Debut DVD last week, and it feels great to have itcompleted and be looking onto #2.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

who are successful at filming and making quality vid, i didnt realize just how hard it was and all that there is too it before i started. i used to think people went out there and filmed hunts and went straight to tv, and wow what a surprise it was for me, theres audio,editing and even quality filming that are obsatcles u have to overcome.......Anyways, just wanted to give a shout out to all that are doing this successfully. MichiganWhietails74, skin dog,michaelhunsucker, hoosier hunter, lungbuster, the WKP crew and every one else whofilms quality footageout there

sincerely,
extra-amateur videographer Steven McBee
X2....I am new to this (3 months into it) and WOW, what you guys are doing in your "spare time" is outstanding. Not only that, but all of you are willing to help "newbies" like myself and McBee with numerous answers to numerous questions. Thank you.
Dennis
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Steven....you don't know until you dig into it....remember....when you get great at this...you will have a talent....if you ever make money at it .....don't sell yourself out....its hard work and you deserve a payback...

I charge 50 dollars an hour for my wedding video business and people will pay for it.....Anyone can buy a PC with all the whistles to make DVD's....but it takes a special talent to see a project come together...and develop something that brings chills to the spine...Thats what real video is all about....it is a true talent that comes with experience...and a knack to feel every moment of video that you shoot....

Brian
Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Spike

I know we work our butts off to get video and make a T.V. show and DVD. We do it because we love it! The more you do it the better you get. Above all, ask questions. I know that I never stop learning. Good luck to all this year!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just got into professional filming last spring and I was also overwhelmed with all that goes into it. It is addicting though and adds another dynamic to the hunt that makes it much more interesting. I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait for this fall to get here.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry...great to see you have entered into the circle of video...enjoy it ...and stick with us...lots to learn from each other...when people post....you can find alot of info here that will move you forward alot quicker into the world of professional video...

Brian
Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO - it's easy if you enjoy what you are doing. Some people are filming for the wrong reasons (IMO), and will burn out quickly. The guys who have the right mentality starting out (to have fun and truly tell your story), will probably do the best.

Fun is important, and kills shouldn't be associated with "fun". The only way I'm able to enjoy doing what I do is to know that I don't need to kill to tell our story. This is something I think needs to be DRIVEN into the skulls of the entire hunting industry! Just my opinion of-course!

Quick Reply: Kudos to all of you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.