Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Losing the enthusiaism to film:( >

Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

lol, can you make a slo mo with pinnacle, like as u said, when the arrow is flying can u put it in slow motion
Old 07-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

steven just give it time man!
im in pretty much the same situation you are, but you just gotta stick with it!
and once you get used to it all, and have 4 or 5 years of film put together, you will have a dvd put together!
i think you should just stick this one out!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

You can do just about anything with Pinnacle, speed up, slow down, reverse, etc............... Stick with it and have fun, the footage will come with time.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

lungbuster is right...

Pinnacle does it all..I wish I could grab you for a few hours to show you around the pinnacle world...Get back in there and play with it buddy....

Goto---- tool box..click on add video effects...its all there...

Goto ----Album ----Click on transitions...plenty to play with and lots to buy for upgrades.....careful with transitions.....I'm guilty for using too many...
Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Filming a hunt for me is something that I did to take hunting to the next level. I think too many guys have the "I want to be famous" mentality as the reason they are filming hunts. The sooner you allow yourself to enjoy filming a hunt verus "I have to film this hunt", the more you will enjoy it - and do it.

I have twenty some guys filming for WKP. Some guys do it solely for personal enjoyment. Some I believe just want to be apart of something, while others I believe want to be on a DVD to show their friends and family. Regardless of you're reason, it has to motivate you to put far more time, energy, and money into "hunting". If you aren't enjoying it, you aren't going to do a very good job. This is true with anything!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

WKP....I agree....for fun first!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

I'll bet everyone goes trough what you're going through. When I first started filming, after the first year I was disgusted! Not a single kill on film during an entire year worht of trying! I was tired and wanted to give up. For somereason I kept going, then the next turkey season came around and still no kills on tape. I stepped back and considered everything that I had been doing wrong, regrouped and approached deer season with a new attitide. I was gonna have fun, but take the video thing serious at the same time. The only equipment I had was a camera. No audio equop or tree arm or anything. I finished up that season with 3 deer on video and hours of quality off the shoulder video. I learned alot about hunting and filming and was ready to go come turkey season. The rest is history. BTW, I did realize that I alone was not going to be able to gather enough footage for a show or dvd. I met several folks online with cameras and similar interest and we joined up. You might want to do the same thing. And trust me, there are companies out there that would have a 13 y/o as a pro-staffer. Matter of fact, if you're interested, put together ahunting resume' about yourself and your capabilities and email it to me, I'll consider it.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

alrite thanks alot guys
Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Filming a hunt for me is something that I did to take hunting to the next level. I think too many guys have the "I want to be famous" mentality as the reason they are filming hunts. The sooner you allow yourself to enjoy filming a hunt verus "I have to film this hunt", the more you will enjoy it - and do it.
Your right about the to many guys want to be "famous" I hear more guys say you should come film me!

Trust me when I say that if you want to make it in this market the best thing you can do is become a GREAT cameraman and editor. Just watch any show out there today 80% or more of who you see in front of the camera started out behind the camera.

Don't give up! Love want you do and the rest will come.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very good point about becoming the best cameraman you can be. You will create WAY more opportunities by filming than hunting. In-fact, this is how we're trying to get new guys involved. Take them under our wing for a year as cameramen - training in the field, and worrying about the hunting part later. Not too many guys are willing to give up a season of hunting to film. The ones that are, have the right mentality. Sacrifice now for reward later....

Quick Reply: Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.