Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Playback/editing equiptment >

Playback/editing equiptment

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Playback/editing equiptment

Old 07-11-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Playback/editing equiptment

Guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am going to film all my time in the timber this season. My questions are: what type of video editing equiptment am I going to need to cut/splice and music and burn out dvd's from. I know I am getting into pricely costs here, but I would like to learn to do-it myself if possible. I am sure I need software as well. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Playback/editing equiptment

If you have a computer you can just get editing software for it. Chances are it already has it installed. If not, buy a Imac for $1,100.00 it will have editing software and a DVD authoring software already installed.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I made my first two videos on a new macbook using iMovie. They are not fancy comparied to some I have viewed, but vs some items I have seen on The Sportsman Channel they are pretty decent. I bought the macbook for $1190 plus I got a free iPod touch which I just sold on eBay for $200 to offset the cost of the computer. It woks fine for now.

Jake
Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Seems like all the equiptment I have priced that plays back the mini dv tapes are quite expensive. I prefer not to play all the tapes on the camera if possible. What are you guys using???

Jason
Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Dell XPS with a Quad Core and 4 gig of ram.

I use a Panasonic AG-DVC 30 3CCD cam and I capture my video with a IEEE 1394 firewire......into Pinnacle Studio Plus (Editting Software)

Just so you know...5 years ago I was making 30 minutes DVD with an old Dell and Celeron process with 30 GIG....not recommended but its capable....

Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking back at your question..I use my camera for play back.. I have not spent the money to buy a player.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 PM

The editing players are kinda pricey. I will keep researching it, I just figured with everyone here using mini dv's there would be more input into players.
Thanks for your help MIwhitetail74.

Jason
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM

I bought a JVC SRDVM-600 Mini DV deck from B&H photo several months ago, they have them factory reconditioned for $850. It is a multi deck with Mini DV player recorder, also DVD player, and also has 40GB internal hard drive. It connects to the computer through IEEE 1394 firewire i link.So you can play and capture either Mini DV, DVD, or from the hard drive. it is a pretty decent machine! Definitely worth saving the heads on the camera!!! We run ALOTof tapes through it to capture footage!!! I hope that helps? Other wise just keep an eye out on ebay for something.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Just buy a cheap mini dv cam. from walmart and use it as a deck...............I have been using my back up cam for play back because i do not care to wear out the heads on my big camera.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do that to lungbuster...but the walmart cams mini DVs do not play back video with wireless mic audio do they?

Quick Reply: Playback/editing equiptment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.