Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

camera arm

Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Spike

Default RE: camera arm

Save a little more money and order the HunterCam Cradle HD. I know it is expensive but it is a great product.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

is the camera arm to video yourself, someone else or just to have?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Muddy Camera arm is the BEST arm for the MONEY right now. I've dinked around with it quite a bit - and it's very simple, compact, and most importantly - the arm pulls off the base for transport. It's basic design is the same as the very expensive arms, it is just a little more compact.

The other arms in the same catagory are junk IMO - and I have designed/manufactured several of them.

www.gomuddy.com

Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I should mention - Passthru's arm isn't junk. It's very nice - and he'sa WKPteam member - so I can't slam him! he he he.... Sorry Jason!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

what stinks about the muddy arm is that it doesnt come with a fluid head tho
Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

None of the good ones do - considering the 501's heads we use cost $180.00 alone - you won't find a "cheap" replacement. Big, heavy fluid heads produce the best footage. The same reason most guys use a stabilizer to tame the "shake" in a bow.

If you intend on getting serious about filming, you better have some money to blow. It never stops and nothing is cheap. It's not a cheap sport man!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 PM

The Hunter Cam Cradles come with Bogen fluid heads, the 700 RC2 for the HD which is more than capable for any of the GL size cameras, and with the Pro, you can get the 501 head or the 700RC2. For the XL size cameras you will need a 501 size fluid head.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

None of the good ones do - considering the 501's heads we use cost $180.00 alone - you won't find a "cheap" replacement. Big, heavy fluid heads produce the best footage. The same reason most guys use a stabilizer to tame the "shake" in a bow.

If you intend on getting serious about filming, you better have some money to blow. It never stops and nothing is cheap. It's not a cheap sport man!

You are worng about this as the HunterCam Cradle line does come with a fluid head. They are a Bogen/Manfratto dealer and that is all they use on their arms.In talking with Russell the other day he told me that he is working on a larger mount that will hold larger cameras and that it may also be available in either a regular fluid head or a bowl mount.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

The Muddy Camera arm is the BEST arm for the MONEY right now. I've dinked around with it quite a bit - and it's very simple, compact, and most importantly - the arm pulls off the base for transport. It's basic design is the same as the very expensive arms, it is just a little more compact.

The other arms in the same catagory are junk IMO - and I have designed/manufactured several of them.

www.gomuddy.com
I just order 2 of them yesterday! I seem them at the deer & turkey show in Ohio! Great guy! Can't wait to give'm a try.