Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Cheapest Camera arm to hold a heavy cam >

Cheapest Camera arm to hold a heavy cam

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Cheapest Camera arm to hold a heavy cam

Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cheapest Camera arm to hold a heavy cam

My gorilla arm works but when I load up my AG-DVC 30 its average on stability...for 35 bucks I like it....but I don't see a need to spend 300 on an arm..

your thoughts?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cheapest Camera arm to hold a heavy cam

Buy a quality arm such as the hunter cam cradle or the Rock steady by Skipenterprises.com . Your footage will be so much better if the arm is rock solid and the movements are fluid.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 PM

Totally agree!!! A good arm will make all the difference in the world!!! Talk to any professional videographer, a good camera mount is where it's at!! Totally level panning, no shaking, easier movement, and it has a fluid head for smooth panning and tilting! Plus it it heavy duty and will last for a long time! Those cheapy arms are pretty shot after a few seasons. We use the Hunter Cam Cradles and it has made a big difference in the quality of footage! No jerky movements when trying to pan and tilt, plus you have no doubt it will hold the weight of the camera. Those Gorilla arms are way to light duty for any prosumer cameras, and I wouldn't take a chance on them failing and dropping my several thousand dollar camera to the ground! To me there is absolutely no comparison to a good quality tree arm with a fluid head. If you haven't tried one or used one yet, you owe it to yourself to!! Don't get hung up on the money of one. You get what you pay for.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

You got to spend money when you're using a big camera. My idea of a big cam is the canon xl2 and up. The newer smaller pro-sumer cams work very well on the hunter cam cradle pro like the canon xha1 and smaller. Be sure to check out passthru's arms http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2837694. They look like they could support bigger cams. I'll let you know this fall. I plan to buy one closer to deer season.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trust me it will!! Passthru's is the one I have been useing and you could hang from the thing and it wont flex!! Walt