Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Camera Arms

Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Camera Arms

I think he means a bowl interface.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

pm69442,

I don't think I could disagree more - but that's just my opinion.

Muddy Outdoors makes the best arm for the money. Throw a Bogan 501 head on-top and you're good to go. Quality isn't cheap - and we require a camera arm for any team members on our team. I don't enjoy watching shaky footage, and won't use it.

www.muddyoutdoors.com
hey every time i click on that link it says were sorry but the page you requested cannot be found and i wanna see this muddyoutdoors arm
Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

its ok....I would reccomend www.windevice.com THEY DON'T ONLY MAKE WIND CHECKER BUT TREE-ARMS AS WELL!!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The windevice arm looks okay if it was priced for about 1/3 of what they want for it. IMO you can get the same or better performanceout of either the Pine Ridge Pro Bow Cam or the Lone Wolf Strong Arm for much cheaper than the $230+ that they want for that arm. Also, at that price point the Muddy Outdoors arm looks 100x better and IMO is going to be the arm to beat for this year.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Urban Legend

That is correct. I have a 75 mm half ball adapter on my fluid head for my tripod. If I were to use that same head I would need a tree arm that has a 75 mm bowl adapter. I can't stress how nice having the half ball/bowl adapter is for outdoor filming. It is rare that you can find a surface that is level and with the half ball you loosen the head, level, and tighten.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey spikeman im just wondering how and what materials you used to make your own camera arm?
Old 04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Sent you a PM forgot to say cut the tubes to the lenght you want I went 10 inches
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

That is correct. I have a 75 mm half ball adapter on my fluid head for my tripod. If I were to use that same head I would need a tree arm that has a 75 mm bowl adapter. I can't stress how nice having the half ball/bowl adapter is for outdoor filming. It is rare that you can find a surface that is level and with the half ball you loosen the head, level, and tighten.
I use the half ball on my tripod too. Its great when you don't have a lot of time to set up when you're running and gunning. Like elk season or turkey season. On the tree arm, it has so much adjustment, I don't need one. I just run a 501hd head on it. I also have a kick @$$ mono pod from bogen manfrotto that has a panable head on it. It is great for spot and stalk or packing way, way back. Not as good as the tripod though.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I use the half ball on my tripod too. Its great when you don't have a lot of time to set up when you're running and gunning. Like elk season or turkey season. On the tree arm, it has so much adjustment, I don't need one. I just run a 501hd head on it. I also have a kick @$$ mono pod from bogen manfrotto that has a panable head on it. It is great for spot and stalk or packing way, way back. Not as good as the tripod though.
where do you get all this stuff like the bogan head and the 501 hd head....i googled it and it went to this naked girl that was drunkidk but hey i guess it wasnt a total loss
Old 04-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

B and H is a great place. You may be able to price shop and find cheaper, but to me its not worth it. They usually have everything in stock, ship fast, and have great customer service. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Quick Reply: Camera Arms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.