Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

bow cam questions..

Old 02-11-2007, 07:28 AM

Default bow cam questions..

are there any bow cams or hat mounted cams on the market that would work good as a hunting camera? i will probably be hunting alone so im gona be mr. camera man for my own hunts if i get to tape them. help me out here what would be a good way to go about it.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bow cam questions..

Most Bow Cam mounts are very heavy, and throw off the rate at which your bow naturally falls forward. The only one I would even concider is going with a Vio Sport cam, if your cam corder has a video in/out port it works great, It has 520 line of res. DVD quality and can be mounted to almost anything, My friend used one in Moad UT as a "helmet cam" as he cycled his way around the trails, as soon as I saw the video footage, I knew it was for me. It is awesome for what you want to do with good crip clear vid quality. You can check out the different ones here I think mine is the "adventure cam III". you could easily attatch it to your stabelizer with the attatchments that come with it. If you buy the kit, you will have NOTHING else to buy.

You can check it out here :
http://www.viosport.com/store/customer/ourgear.php?page=ac3_overview&act=2
Old 02-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

maybe jus buy the arm that connects to the tree then u wont have a weight issue
Old 02-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

but the adventure cam is pretty cool and its small so that would be good to use do u jus connect it to the regualar cam then put that cam in ur backpack or something
Old 02-18-2007, 09:26 AM

its a neat video shot to see the shot like the shooter would see it. hunting shows are starting to fiddle with it and it may just be a good way for me to film my own hunt. with this kind of thing Id take a regular cam out with me and when it came time to take the shot id start recording through the little cam. that might work.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

well switchback i do think that lil cam hooks into a bigger one in order for it to work but use the big one then when its time for the shot connect the lil one to it and throw it in the bag or wherever ur holding it and record with the lil one on the bow
Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

There's a little camera called "The Hunt Cam" by sportsmans view that wires up to your video camera. It's the same one that Realtree has used. Ibought one and used it this past year. It's pretty cool. You have a little mount, similar to a scope mount, that mounts to your stabilizer or with a gun you simply use the elastic sleeve that comes with it and slide it on your barrel. (underneath). I took deer w/ both my bow and some hogs with my rifle with it, really cool video. I'm gona use it for a turkey in a few weeks... You can look up there website, but I got it cheaper at yeoldarchery.com. They make a 8mm and 12mm... Give it a look!