Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Western Kansas Pheasant

Old 01-06-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Western Kansas Pheasant

I am heading to the Garden City Kansas Area Friday and was wondering if anyone had any luck in that area latley
Old 01-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Western Kansas Pheasant

I hunted there ealier this year and had good success so best of luck to you
Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 AM

We saw a lot of birds sat. i would guess about 120-150 on private land. The problem was that it was too warm and the birds were running in front of us and real spooky. So the few good shots we had we took and came away with a couple. Who would guess that western kansas would be in the 60's in January....
Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 AM

That is freaky weather-when we run into that type of situation we generally set up a blocker or two at the end of the field-at least it gives us an extra shot or two. Glad you had some success and thrilled you saw as many birds as you did.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, it's the craziest thing to have it that warm. But not it's back to single digits again. Glad to hear you seen so many birds. Were you on private or public land?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 AM

We hunted both public and private. The most birds we saw were on private. We saw quite a few on public land as well.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:15 PM

I am going Pheasant hunting for the first time this weekend in Kansas up around Milford Lake on public land. I am just walk hunting, no dog or anything. I am going to be Quail and Pheasant hunting. Any advise?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:16 AM

Are you going alone or with a group? You will be hunting area that has birds but they will be spooky. If you are going with a group-and without a dog-I would strongly suggest you put a blocker at the end of the fields you walk-you will get some passing shots that way.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:29 PM

I will be going by myself. I dont realy care if I get anything realy, it would be nice but I am just wanting some relax time before I got back to Iraq this next month.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:23 AM

Stay safe in IRAQ and god bless ya-I did mine in Vietnam!

Quick Reply: Western Kansas Pheasant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.