Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Question about Over/Under shotguns >

Question about Over/Under shotguns

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Question about Over/Under shotguns

Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question about Over/Under shotguns

Check over in the Stoeger forums concerning your gun. There may be issues you want to know about. Some people have had problems with the Condor Surpreme and with their customer service.

Other guns you may want to look into, Silma from Italy which is imported by Legacy Sports International, Lanber from Spain, Traditions by Fausi from Italy (ones sold at Walmart I heard have alot of creep and nearly 8# pull, so I would look into Hunter I model), they are in the $500 range. Also, EAA or Baikel is around that range but made in Russia.

Other shotguns from Turkey are Hulgu and Khan. (Hulgu are in the $700 range).

But if you can find a manufacturer from the U.S., like Ruger, then that's prolly the way to go. I've like the Mossberg but it only comes in 12ga.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:08 PM

If I had no more than $1000 to spend on a gun I would take the advise of those that have recommended a quality used gun. Most of the guns that that you see for sale these days for $600- $800 are the same ones or same quality as those selling in the $300 range just a couple of years ago. The demand has pushed the price up. The difference between one of the guns in that price range and a used Ruger or lower end Beretta, Browning, or Winchester 101 is like night and day. The best advise is always to buy the best you can. You'll be glad you did.

SH
Old 01-22-2005, 05:17 PM

I just bought a new Stoeger Condor Supreme this past September for quail, dove and pheasant hunting. I've had no problems with mine so far and really like the way it feels for me. Everyone is different, so if a gun fits you and you shoot well with it, that's all that matters. I do occasionally hunt with my father-in-law's Ruger Red Label 12 and I love that gun. Would I have bought the RRL over the Stoeger if I had the money? You bet I would have! You just gotta shop within your budget.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:04 AM

i have a browning o/u and a stoeger o/u they both are awsome i got the stoeger new for 390 dollars
Old 02-12-2005, 08:26 AM

I have never owned or shot one, but as somebody else has mentioned I do have a Bakial which is in the same price range. It has been a very reliable gun, I always take it with so when I get into areas where I don't want to take my expensive gn through I'll pull it out and use it. There customer service can't be beat. I sent my Rugar back for problems the same time I sent in my Bakail. the Bakial was back 3 weeks before the Rugar and they charged me nothing compared to Rugar charging me $200. It shoots well and is dependable, can't ask for much more for the price.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look for a used Ruger.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 1950KID

Look for a used Ruger.

10-4.......1950kid