HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   Where are all of the birds at? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/78724-where-all-birds.html)

birdy 11-11-2004 06:43 AM

Where are all of the birds at?

Is anybody finding any birds in Eastern Iowa? If so, where? Seeing a few but I realize their is also alot of corn to be harvested.

MNPheasantHunter 11-11-2004 03:17 PM

RE: Where are all of the birds at?

southern minnesota absolutely sucks for pheasants right now.. corn still in, plus bad spring

HOSS 11-11-2004 08:02 PM

have been having good luck in ILL have been out 3 times 2 times alone and back home in an hour with limit seeing lots of birds dog work has been good

wernerjd 11-12-2004 12:52 AM

Theres alot of birds in northeast iowa. We just finished up corn today but I have seen more bird in the northeast then in other parts of iowa.

birdy 11-13-2004 06:29 AM

Went out yesterday near Maquoketa, IA. Actually turned out to be a great day. Dog's were working well, pheasants were cooperating, that equals a limit of pheasant. Going back out today, hopefully with the same results.

obby1 11-23-2004 11:38 AM

Birdy,

I am from Asbury, and I just started hunting. Are there a lot of good areas south of town? Have you ever tried any public areas down there? Love the sport, but it can be tough to find good places close by.

Thanks for the info

birdy 11-28-2004 10:38 AM

Obby1,

Are you from the Dubuque area? If you are, there is some public ground near Davenport, but the problem is on the weekends, four vehicles per gatehole every weekend. I've heard that there is great pheasant populations near Epworth and Farley areas. If so, I've got a couple of good English Pointers that would love to come and hunt birds. I just went out this morning, saw two roosters but they were not very cooperative. Didn't want to sit tight for the dogs. Keep in touch, maybe we can get together and find a few places to hunt.

Birdy

huntingbuddy419 12-12-2004 04:06 PM

they all flew to south dakota

birdy 12-13-2004 03:08 PM

Not all of them did. On the way to South Dakota, quite a few of them flew into the path of my gun. Now their in the freezer. From a terrible start to the year it has turned out to be another outstanding year for my dog's and myself.

kill_it_n_grill_it 12-29-2004 12:50 PM

Im in eastern iowa (clinton county) and i have a total of 3 birds. I've seen about 29 hens and about 9 roosters. It hasn't been lookin too good this year.... My boss went to Williamsburg and he said that he limited out in an hour. Central Iowa seems to be the place to hunt!!