HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   Had a blast hunting Blue grouse. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/71376-had-blast-hunting-blue-grouse.html)

Wolf killer 09-03-2004 03:24 PM

Had a blast hunting Blue grouse.

I hunted Blue grouse the first two days of season. The wife & I both limited out both days. The first day we had our 6-birds in a few hours. The second day of season we got or limit of 6-birds but we had to work hard for them. I almost gave up with only 1-bird in the bag after several hours of hiking? Hunting got better real quick & we got 5-more within one hour.

gandilamont 09-07-2004 10:20 AM

RE: Had a blast hunting Blue grouse.

Hey I got a grouse this weekend. Can you look at this pic and tell me if it is a "Ruffed" or "Blue" Grouse? I would like to know which is which!

gandilamont 09-07-2004 10:21 AM

Well never mind, I cant make the picture small enough. They want it to be no bigger than 30k???!!??!!

hntngirl 09-09-2004 11:48 AM

gandilamont,
The easiest way to post pictures is to first join a photo hosting site.
I use photobucket.com. You can join it for free, and you won't have to worry about the size restrictions here. Once you have your picture posted there, all you need is the URL address of the picture. At photobucket, the URL will be shown right below the picture once you post it there. You can just highlight it, right-click on it, and click "copy". Then, when you post, check "embed picture in post", at the bottom of the screen you're posting in, and paste the URL in between . The image you chose should show then when you hit "preview". If it does, hit "OK" .
If you want to post more than one picture in your post, just copy down the URLs of each picture and type each one in between , separately, and they should all show up.
example:

That would cause all three pictures to show up in your post.:)

gandilamont 09-09-2004 03:32 PM

OK, Can you tell if this is a Ruffed or Blue?

uplandchessies 09-09-2004 04:55 PM

I'd say it's a blue. Kind of hard to tell by that photo, but the size and tail coloring does indicate it to be a blue. Are the legs yellow. That's one way to tell.

TURKEY FAN 09-09-2004 05:06 PM

i would have to see the tail to be ohnest, i only have ruffed grouse here in ohio so i know what they look like.

Colorado Bob 09-09-2004 07:49 PM

That's a blue.

Seems to be alot of birds this year. I got 6 over the Labor Day weekend. Great table fare !!