Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Hunt club in Nothern IL or Southern WI >

Hunt club in Nothern IL or Southern WI

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Hunt club in Nothern IL or Southern WI

Old 01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Spike

Default Hunt club in Nothern IL or Southern WI

Guys and Girls, I am new to this board, but it looks like a fun place so far! J ,
Can some one recommend me inexpensive upland birds hunting clubs in Northern IL or Southern WI. I would greatly appreciate that.
I leave in Chicago area and all hunting clubs in reasonable distance (40-50mi from North Chicago area suburbs) are way too expensive - at least for me. (Ex.: one club wants $1000 initial membership fee and then $225 per month; another charges $600 membership fee per year and then you must buy birds around $20-25 per pheasant…, if it open to public club, the charge $150-250 per 4hours (4birds))
I realized that hunting becomes expensive sport but there should be something for smaller wallets right? After I did some research on Internet and called 7-8 clubs that I found on Internet I got impression that you must be VP or CEO of the company to join those clubs. I got yellow Lab and I would like to work her more then 3-4 weekends a year. Please let me know if you know any good place. Thank you!
Old 01-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunt club in Nothern IL or Southern WI

look on this site for a place i think it is called rock hollow hunt club
Old 01-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Spike

Thank you Bob,
Do you know any clubs in 40-50 mi range from Vernon Hills, Buffalo Grove (North Subs)
I checked this club on Interent, sounds like a very nice place but it's 110mi away from my home unfortunatly....
Old 01-07-2004, 11:16 AM

Check out Coon Creek Hunt Club, just west of Marengo. Best thing to do is come out for a day hunt and if you like it get a Membership.

www.CoonCreekHuntClub.Com
Old 01-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Spike

I hunted Coon Creek in November. I would definitely recommend them. The price is competitive with anything you will find. Rock Hollow was very good as well-hunted there last year. I chose Coon Creek for the distance factor. Either one you can't go wrong. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me.