HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   When I felt remorse about hunting of a dove (Video) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/420810-when-i-felt-remorse-about-hunting-dove-video.html)

Egyptian_sniper 04-20-2019 12:23 PM

When I felt remorse about hunting of a dove (Video)

Some events during hunting make me think and review my doing.
One of these events was with a dove.
I saw it over a building.
The distance was 85 yards.
On this day I was hesitant to shoot it.
I do not know why?
Something like a voice within my soul was saying do not shoot this dove, it should live!
But I had not listen to advice.
I pressed the trigger.
The dove fell over the roof.
When I went to get it.
It was bleeding and standing like a statue.
There was a spot of blood beneath dove.
This means that it has not moved from its place since its fall.
I approached dove.
It did not move.
This is unnatural because doves in Egypt are very afraid of people.
Something made dove overcome its instinctive fear of people. Maybe that was a great pain or unknown thoughts in its mind make it do not care.
When I had touched dove, it suddenly a little flew then stood again.
Dove was looking at me.
I saw incomprehensible look in its eye.
I felt that the dove was weeping without tears.
As if it felt its death approaching.
I felt that the dove was blaming me and saying why did you do that? This is my life; I have nothing but this life. You do not have a right to eat me.
For the first time I felt guilty about hunting.I regretted stealing life of this dove.
I remained depressed to the end of the day.
Time was enough to erase the sense of remorse.But remembrance and lesson remain

Oldtimr 04-20-2019 01:49 PM

You shot at a dove at 85 yards, you should not only feel remorse you should be ashamed. You were not all that remorseful that you could not take a video. I am completely unimpressed and not amused and skeptical that it happened and that you would write about your actions if indeed it happened..

Egyptian_sniper 04-20-2019 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4355100)
You shot at a dove at 85 yards, you should not only feel remorse you should be ashamed. You were not all that remorseful that you could not take a video. I am completely unimpressed and not amused and skeptical that it happened and that you would write about your actions if indeed it happened..

Well, you speak according to a different culture from our culture in Egypt .We eat doves.If the doves were not killed by shooting at once, we should slaughter them with a knife, and this is what happened with this dove.The point here is the reaction of the dove based on thoughts in its mind.We have no problem with the distance.
Note: I think you did not watch video :rolleye0011:

MudderChuck 05-01-2019 03:26 AM

We only hunt them in the late fall here, the season goes from the first of November to the middle of January. If you have a choice you shoot the singles and not one of a pair. We shoot mostly the stragglers, those that didn't migrate early.
Grilled Dove with a butter and Galliano liqueur baste, served with mixed white and wild rice is good stuff.

Bocajnala 05-01-2019 11:04 AM

One thing is for sure..... Dove is delicious!

-Jake

Oldtimr 05-01-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4355561)
One thing is for sure..... Dove is delicious!
-Jake

Try removing the breasts in one piece and putting a piece of Jalapeno pepper about a half inch wide in the space between the two halves, then wrap the breast in bacon and put them on the grill. Best appetizer ever, or just a good snack with a beer.

MudderChuck 05-02-2019 02:18 PM

I always say a little prayer. Bless us, O Lord, and these, Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty or through the teeth, past the gums, look out stomach, here it comes, amen.

Bocajnala 05-02-2019 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4355569)
Try removing the breasts in one piece and putting a piece of Jalapeno pepper about a half inch wide in the space between the two halves, then wrap the breast in bacon and put them on the grill. Best appetizer ever, or just a good snack with a beer.

Making my mouth water

-Jake

toytruck 05-03-2019 05:46 AM

I stopped hunting doves when I'd loose them in a corn field after they dropped. I didn't have a dog and couldn't find them too many times. I hate waste and just not going to do that any longer. I have eaten a few, all dark meat, nothing worth cleaning except the breast. Not bad eaten, but I prefer squirrel or venison.