Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

pheasant hunting

Old 06-30-2018, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default pheasant hunting

Looking for info suggestions on planning a road trip hunt this fall! Dakota’s, Kansas, etc! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-20-2018, 02:35 AM
Spike

Hey Yooper! Im in SoIL and am doing the same. Ive got a sister and her family living Just south of Omaha NE that im planning to visit late Nov and plan on bringing the dogs and a gun. Loads of public and walk in land to hunt there with lots of different birds to shoot. Grouse, Quail, Ringnecks are just a few.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Spike

I have a few spots open for pheasant in Kansas this year in November. Tons of birds around this year. My pheasant are all wild and not planted. My hunts are as real as they get.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Yooper374
Looking for info suggestions on planning a road trip hunt this fall! Dakota’s, Kansas, etc! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Here's some info on pheasant cleaning you may find helpful. Make sure to leave a head or 1 leg attached to the body, as this will identify the bird you carry. Otherwise, the meat will be illegal to transport. That's a rule in the majority of states.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bowhunter88
Here's some info on pheasant cleaning you may find helpful. Make sure to leave a head or 1 leg attached to the body, as this will identify the bird you carry. Otherwise, the meat will be illegal to transport. That's a rule in the majority of states.
Some useful information on how to clean pheasants with pics.
Just came across last night and decided to share with you, just in case.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

not sure where your from, so this could matter or not
I have done countless trips to pheasant hunt out west from Pa, just to see my dog get to work wild birds, I could recommend a ton of places , and not sure if you have considered this, but if you go out west and hunt a decent place you will tag out on your limit of pheasants pretty easy!
I after a few yrs started always adding a archery hunt to the mix, would hunt pheasants in the AM< wear the dog out some, and then hunt the evenings for deer, tags are mostly ALL over the counter, and deer are not that hard to find
feel free to PM me a email/phone number and be glad to give you a call and talk to you about some options!
Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Spike

We are from Southern Illinois. Land of the giants. We have killed some real good ones, have 14 mounted over 140. Might be intrested in Antelope or Muleys something we dont have here.
Possibly trade a hunt for whitetail on private land for an antelope hunt. Thanks>>>
Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by poninskib
We are from Southern Illinois. Land of the giants. We have killed some real good ones, have 14 mounted over 140. Might be intrested in Antelope or Muleys something we dont have here.
Possibly trade a hunt for whitetail on private land for an antelope hunt. Thanks>>>
you have pheasants over a 140??
LOL
as OP is asking about pheasant hunting here NOT deer??
Old 12-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Spike

Stick the birds they are more fun to shoot for sure
Old 12-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by poninskib
This is a pheasant hunting thread , not a deer hunting thread, did you bother to read the heading of the thread or just open the first one you came too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.