Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Suggested Places for Hunting in Eastern Oregon >

Suggested Places for Hunting in Eastern Oregon

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Suggested Places for Hunting in Eastern Oregon

Old 11-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Spike

Default Suggested Places for Hunting in Eastern Oregon

Hey all,

I am from Grants Pass and I was planning a trip to Eastern Oregon in the John Day area in the first 2 weeks of December. I had been planning on killing some Chukar because I have had a couple good trips in the past to the area. Since it seems that Chukar are basically non-existent this season, I am kind of thrown through a loop as what to do. I haven't hunted pheasant and quail out in that area before but am sure interested to do so.

I also had the idea of spending some time either camping (yes I know its cold) or backpacking the area in search of birds. Do you guys have any places or areas I should check out to shoot birds and maybe camp? I am willing to drive, hike, camp by any means to find birds!

Thanks!