Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Quail Hunting at Fort Stewart Georgia >

Quail Hunting at Fort Stewart Georgia

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Quail Hunting at Fort Stewart Georgia

Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Spike

Default Quail Hunting at Fort Stewart Georgia

My wife has been restless for a vacation out of New England this winter (cold and snowy here), so I made reservations for a week at the guest house on Fort Steward, Georgia. I figure I can take my English Setter out for a few hours of quail hunting in the mornings, and then take my wife to Savannah for touristy stuff in the afternoons and dinner in the evenings. Problem is, I was never stationed at Fort Stewart, so I don't have any idea where to hunt. I already bought my Georgia hunting license online and will get my Fort Stewart license when I arrive in February. Can anyone direct me to a general area on either Fort Stewart or Hunter AFB as a starting point to stomp around the quail woods with my dog? I am a retired army guy. Thanks in advance. If you live nearby, I will take you and your wife to dinner at a place of your choice while I am there.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

If like many army bases they have a hunting and fishing club. Contact the base and try to get information on the club and a contact name. You may even find a guide. The people you made your reservation at the guest house with would be a good starting point.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-29-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Spike

Thanks Oldtimr. Some years ago, the government closed down all the rod & gun clubs and placed their function under morale support activities, which was, in my estimation, a disaster. Rather than member-initiated events, all contests, raffles, tournaments, gatherings, etc., came under the control of civilian bureaucrats. I have been "retired" for 15 years, so maybe things have changed. I think I will try to contact the post game warden office and see if they can tell me anything. I appreciate your comments.