Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
2015 IWLA annual Youth pheasant Hunt/ pic added >

2015 IWLA annual Youth pheasant Hunt/ pic added

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

2015 IWLA annual Youth pheasant Hunt/ pic added

Old 12-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 2015 IWLA annual Youth pheasant Hunt/ pic added

Today was my IWLA Chapter annual Youth pheasant hunt. We had 24 kids between the ages of 12 and 16 as hunters and our club members who own pointing breeds volunteer to run our dogs for the kids. We also roast a whole deer on a spit in a roaster for lunch and have lots f other foods that our members make and provide. I provided Bison Chili, it went so fast I didn't get any. We provide 60 pheasants for the hunt, 2 for each kid and the extras to make sure everyone kills a bird and goes home with at least one. It was a great day, cold and windy but lots of smiles and laughter. Our kids took 34 birds home and lots of great memories. Below is my young setter Brandy on point before the flush.
Intensity is beautiful

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-21-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice event your chapter does. I have been an IWLA member for a very long time. Our chapter does a fishing event at our lake for the kids. Events like this are worthwhile.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

The IWLA is probably the most misunderstood and unknown sportsman's organization in the country