Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Tragic Fire at Almost Heaven GSPS - Bruce Shaffer >

Tragic Fire at Almost Heaven GSPS - Bruce Shaffer

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:16 AM
Spike

Exclamation Tragic Fire at Almost Heaven GSPS - Bruce Shaffer

There was a devastating fire at Bruce Shaffer's house yesterday Thank god his wife and two children are safe but his house is a total loss and he lost about 20+ dogs. Some of those dogs were his and some were clients. To say this fire is devastating is a severe understatement not only for the loss of the dogs but for Bruce's family losing everything they own. I am asking if you can help please donate to his family at the link below. This is one of those instances that us as a dog community / hunting dog community need to pull together. Please donate if you can. Thank you.

http://pitchinbox.com/widget/widget.swf?id=5866260037
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Spike

I am at a major loss for words. So happy the family is safe, but otherwise this is just so heartbreaking. Bruce is an awesome guy. He helped me out so much as a new birddog owner and did amazing job with my pup Ziva. Donation made.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Spike

Sending my prayers... Heartbreaking......
Old 10-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Spike

For those of you who are not friends with Bruce on facebook. He posted this message late last night:

"I've been back with my family a couple hours, from what has been the longest 1400 miles and 36 hours of my life. To say I'm utterly gutted & destroyed emotionally is an understatement. 1st and foremost, the most important treasures in my life; my daughters Raine & Storm and Wife Jen are safe. The second most important treasures in my life, all of the dogs, were lost to a house fire Friday night as... I was enroute to Eureka, KS for Nationals. The house is completely down to the foundation and absolutely nothing is left. I've drawn great strength and a greater resolve to overcome this, thanks to the tremendous support of all that have been reaching out to us to help. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. For all that have messaged me, please bare with me as I try to respond to each and every one of you, as my only source of connectivity is my cell phone. We all know how joyous typing messages on a cell phone are....
I will know more tomorrow and will reach out in the coming days. Right now, about all I can share is, that due to Insurance Companies dislike for large numbers of dogs, we were uninsured after our carrier dropped us and unable to secure new insurance that would have covered our "unique" home business.
Again, thank you each and every one, I will never be able to be grateful enough for the outpouring of support over the past 24 hours, as our tragedy became known."
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow sorry to hear of this, wouldnt want this to happen to anyone.