Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 First time S.D. pheasant hunt! >

First time S.D. pheasant hunt!

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

First time S.D. pheasant hunt!

Old 09-03-2003, 01:25 PM

Default First time S.D. pheasant hunt!

I am trying to plan a trip to South Dakota for pheasant season. It will most likely be my son and I and of course our loyal Lab. Looking for public hunting grounds and camping sites. Found alot of info last year but I cant seam to find what i' m looking for this year. Anyone know of good websites (not outfitters)? Would also like to get some real information from some people that have been there such as which county to head toward etc. Any information or help is apprecitated.

Old 09-07-2003, 05:09 AM

Default RE: First time S.D. pheasant hunt!

I believe that you might get what you want from the SD Dept of Cons website.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:33 PM

Default RE: First time S.D. pheasant hunt!

You might try Tripp county there are a lot of birds there. They haul them in by the truck loads from Mn and Wi. If you are a serious hunter and are willing to work for your birds almost any county east and up to about the east central area will have some birds and when you get here to buy a license you can pick up a guide to public shooting areas put out by the GFand P. This area does have some preserves but not like further west along the river. At least the pheasants you shoot will not be pen raised and it won' t cost you a hundred a bird and up.