Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dove Opens!!!!

Old 09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dove Opens!!!!

Hey guys this is my first time in the Upland forum. I am an avid deer and turkey hunter , and usually go out once or twice for dove to pass time. But it has been really wet here this spring/summer in PA. Dove season opened monday , and i was out in the rain. I didnt see a single bird. I was hunting in some fields surrounded by woodlots, with der food plots in the fields. Not a single fly by. Then i went to another farm with a bunch of hay and corn growing in them . Also not a single dove. I was wondering What to look for on a good place to get a few birds for the skillet? Corn or what , is it possible to find birds on either farm , or should i try to find somehwere new?

Thanks DL55
Old 09-02-2003, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Dove Opens!!!!

Hi DoubleLung. Look at it this way, if you were a bird...how anxious would you be to fly in the rain? Doves don' t exactly like flying in the rain. But, if the conditions are right, you want to look for wheat fields and bush-hogged corn fields. I find them to be the best areas. Good luck!