Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

So it begins Part 2

Old 09-30-2003, 06:21 PM

Default RE: So it begins Part 2

Well, I am now home from my trips from Oregon and Michigan and must say I had I great time on both. Thanks to Biglead' s knowledge of the birds in Oregon I was able to harvest several band-tails, blue and ruffed grouse and mountain quail -- all first, while at the same time witness great dog work. I could write a book on the entire trip. In addition to the great bird hunting, I also saw bears (adult and cubs), black-tailed deer, trophy bull elk and a behemoth of a bobcat. All of this was concluded with great hospitality, fine food (bear, birds and fish), beautiful country and a new friendship. I will return to Oregon.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:12 PM

I live in the Portland area and am looking for some good places to hunt grouse or mountain quail within a few hours drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 PM

I was able to get 4 Mountain Quail and 2 ruffed grouse today. The quail were holding tight because of the rainy windy conditions. I have gotten a few birds in the past week.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:24 PM

I have not been posting much about my hunts lately. It seems like I always get a few birds every time I go out, but I have not been having any of those days when it seems like you have more birds than you know what to do with. I decided that even though I am not getting a ton of birds, some folks would want to hear about even the mediocre days. I am going to try and post a couple of pics. Friday I got 2 mountain quail a ruffed grouse, and a mallard. Saturday we got 2 valley quail and a mallard, and today I got 2 ruffed grouse. The pic I will try to post is of Fridays hunt.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:27 PM

Can' t quite figure out how to do these pics. I wanted to show my elk as well, but I guess I need to have a 6 year old show me how.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

I' m not stalking you Big Lead,,,just trying to get your pic' s loaded for you heres your elk, working on the bird pic' s hope you see this elk pic again and hope to have the birds pics which you mention above loaded soon

Old 11-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

lets see if the bird pic loads

Old 11-15-2003, 10:30 PM

Thanks Brush Buster. I appreciate having a fellow hunter that knows something about these crazy machines. I hope to go on a bird hunt with you some time. Good luck in your ventures.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Right on and" HUNT ON " I like this site cuz it let' s you put your pic' s right into the post I' m always looking for more info and new sites to check out. Maybe we could exchange phone numbers via private email and hook up and set a date to go hunting. I see by your pic' s you are a veteran bird hunter. I will wait to hear from you to see what we can work out...TONY B
Old 11-22-2003, 09:28 AM

Went out yesterday in the snow. The snow level dropped down to the foothills here and the birds have been pushed down low. We did not see any quail, but managed to find 6 ruffies. We got 5 of the 6. I am going chuckar hunting next week. I will probably try for some ducks and upland this weekend. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: So it begins Part 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.