Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
My first bird hunting trip, pictures! >

My first bird hunting trip, pictures!

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

My first bird hunting trip, pictures!

Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Spike

Default My first bird hunting trip, pictures!

I was born and raised in a hunter's paradise, in Northern Wyoming. This is my very first season ever actually hunting though. I've spent several days deer hunting (and got my very first deer, just a doe, but she's delicious!), and I have also gone bird hunting. I have found that I love both. I can travel on foot indefinitely, so I loved bird hunting just because it was constant movement. I actually feel tired at the end of the day after a bird hunt. Up and down the prairie foothills. I'm not too confident with a shotgun yet, but it is pretty fun.

Here are some pictures of my first bird hunting trip. We got several pheasants and Huns (Hungarian partridges). I personally just got two Huns, but I was happy with it. And oh my word were they delicious!!! Just like I far prefer venison over beef, I have discovered I'd rather never eat another chicken again (even yard raised chickens) if I could just have a lifetime supply of game birds, lol. I roasted one of my huns and lightly seasoned and dredged the other and panfried it.

The German shortair pointer is Echo, and the German wirehair pointer is Shelley. They were a blast to hunt with. We walked 10.9 miles this day!!

Haha, here's me

Last edited by prairienights; 12-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Spike

those are some really cool pictures
Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Cool pictures. Very beautiful terrain.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Spike

awesome,looks like your set up good lotsa land ,good dogs and a nice gun.good to see yougins hunting,fresh air and walking never killed no one,keep it up hunting can last a lifetime and it beats video games
Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

you keep chasin them...it gets better the more you do it!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

I'm jealous!