Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Advise for Hunting S. Dakota Pheasants >

Advise for Hunting S. Dakota Pheasants

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Advise for Hunting S. Dakota Pheasants

Old 12-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Advise for Hunting S. Dakota Pheasants

deleted-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by jrfrmn; 12-06-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: No response
Old 12-05-2011, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just read posts on another site about pheasant hunting in Kansas and most people that hunted there this year said it was terrible with one exception. That person evidently happened to get into one area that still had a decent number of birds. One guy that has property in SD also said a lot of areas in that state were down 50% because of the bad winter last year. I hunted in the sw part of ND a couple weeks ago where we always go and the bird population was as good as it's ever been on the private lands, but not very good on the public areas we hunted.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Spike

Default pheasents in south dakota

being from south dakota,the bird count was down compared to the 2 previous years,however limits were still filled,what doesnt help is 2 weeks prior to the state opener they have a youth weekend and a resident only weekend only public walk in areas are open at that time.we still had luck on some public land,even shot some grouse.best results are find ground get there early to keep it and beware of other hunters coming infrom all sides of the public ground,i often run across other hunters cutting through our line.road hunting is legal here and many birds are picked up this way ,i have often filled road hunting after dissapointing public land