Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
What is a good choke for grouse? >

What is a good choke for grouse?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

What is a good choke for grouse?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wanxiangqi
in china, we often train eagle to catch pheasant,bird like grouse . show you some pictures the pheasant

pa game commission not long ago brought wild pheasants from china to here to see if they would survive and bring back our pheasants like it was 70 years ago.
HAWKS,EAGLES,OWLS killed them off .bobcats,fox,raccoons,coyotes would eat eggs of wild birds.
all old timers years ago would shoot as many of those predators as they could.

eagles will land in water and pick up fish and fly away.hawks kill every pheasant we stock if it is around a few days.
hawk even killed my pet squirreals in my yard .
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

sproulman---In case you aren't aware of it, the pheasants we have all over the USA, especially where they are doing well out through the midwest and plains states, were brought over many decades ago from China and found the countryside to their liking!!! It's too bad China doesn't allow their citizens to partake of shooting them like we do here. I have a pointer and there is no more fun than a pointer pinning down a beautiful ringneck cock before it bursts into the air over the dog!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wanxiangqi
pheasants are more easy to survival in china . because the way of train eagles to catch birds are being died out . guns in our country are
comfiscated by goverment. so the pheasants exist everywhere ,but most people just can watch. what a pity

invite me over ,you can use my BERETTA URICKA FIELD 12 GA. train your eagle to attack anyone that trys to take your gun rights away.also a good movie on how my family got FREEDOM from british is on tv. its called BRAVEHEART.

man, i would be heaven over there hunting.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
sproulman---In case you aren't aware of it, the pheasants we have all over the USA, especially where they are doing well out through the midwest and plains states, were brought over many decades ago from China and found the countryside to their liking!!! It's too bad China doesn't allow their citizens to partake of shooting them like we do here. I have a pointer and there is no more fun than a pointer pinning down a beautiful ringneck cock before it bursts into the air over the dog!
they need WALLACE over there.very sad.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Spike

Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Spike

I would recomend imp cyl in the start of the season and then go up to modified later on
Old 11-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Spike

20 ga full choke #6 shot.

Pete
Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Spike

Default Choke Choice

I shoot a 12 gauge and my son shoots a 20. We both use IC for all our upland hunting here in PA whether it's farmland or woods.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

modified choke user here...I got my bag limit yesterday