HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   Need help picking between these guns. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/350423-need-help-picking-between-these-guns.html)

shepherdbrooks 09-26-2011 08:15 AM

Need help picking between these guns.

I will be hunting Dove most of the time, but maybe ducks every now and then. I am looking at 3 different guns, and need advise from people who have used them or know a lot about them.

Beretta A400 Xplor
Benelli SBE II
Benelli Super Vinci

I am open to other suggestions, but I want a 12 gauge semi-auto. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

JW 09-26-2011 02:30 PM

Go with either Benelli - simple to clean if dropped in the water.

I own the SBEII - it is flawless cycling any round I choose.

JW

sproulman 09-26-2011 05:50 PM

beretta

i dont know those guns but BERETTA is what i like.
different system than BENELLI.
i have the 12 ga beretta uricka field which i use for everything.
i have 28 inch barrel

here is our site which can help you a lot.they have each gun as topic and go in depth on most.

www.shotgunworld.com

JW 09-26-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by sproulman (Post 3853075)
i dont know those guns but BERETTA is what i like.
different gas system than BENILLI.
i have the 12 ga beretta uricka field which i use for everything.
i have 28 inch barrel

here is our site which can help you a lot.they have each gun as topic and go in depth on most.

www.shotgunworld.com

A Benelli is not gas operated. Mechanism is an inertia spring.

JW

sconnyhunter 09-26-2011 06:29 PM

Get a Franchi (now owned by Beretta), you will wish you had done it years before.
Mine is lighter than the Benelli Nova I owned, it never has issues cycling different loads.

sproulman 09-26-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by JW! (Post 3853080)
A Benelli is not gas operated. Mechanism is an inertia spring.

JW

i corrected above to SYSTEM.

sproulman 09-26-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter (Post 3853093)
Get a Franchi (now owned by Beretta), you will wish you had done it years before.
Mine is lighter than the Benelli Nova I owned, it never has issues cycling different loads.

i like FEEL of franchi...

shepherdbrooks 09-27-2011 03:11 AM

So the inertia system is more reliable than the gas system? Whats the difference between the SBE II and the Super Vinci?

sproulman 09-27-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by shepherdbrooks (Post 3853199)
So the inertia system is more reliable than the gas system? Whats the difference between the SBE II and the Super Vinci?

your question i feel is for JW. but if you go on our info at SHOTGUNWORLD and talk to EXPERTS,not saying me or JW dont know what we are talking about, comparing both companies,BERETTA will win out.
so gas system is better and they will tell you why.i know when i was going to buy a shotgun,they steered me to BERETTA.
1 reason was felt RECOIL.
BERETTA with gas system reduced felt recoil.

not knocking BENELLIS, i like feel of them too.great gun,either one you would be fine BUT experts will say BUY THE BERETTAS.

sproul has spoken!:patriot:

shepherdbrooks 09-27-2011 09:18 AM

Good info.

Now I just need to sell my Fausti 20ga O/U to fund it.

Sheridan 09-27-2011 10:30 AM

In a nutshell;

Inertia systems shoot cleaner.

Gas operated systems shoot softer.

Proud owner of Beretta Extrema (camo of course).

sproulman 09-27-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 3853356)
In a nutshell;

Inertia systems shoot cleaner.

Gas operated systems shoot softer.

Proud owner of Beretta Extrema (camo of course).

that is what i was told about BERETTAS.my 12 ga has very little recoil.
last year BERETTA came out with a new clean system according to what i read today.
its like i have URICKA FIELD,i think the cleaner one is uricka 11,dont know but they are improving the ability to shoot 1,000 rounds without cleaning.
just as example on above.

everyone uses BREAKFREE CLP on their BERETTAS and very seldom have sticking problem but if dirty like after shooting 100S of shots without cleaning,they do stick.

keep the BERETTAS cleaned and lubed and they fire everytime.

Edcyclopedia 09-28-2011 03:17 PM

SBE...
I have retired my Browning Upland Special since owning the SBE - absolutely love it.
My buddy tried it and now is trading retiring his Berreta.

It's all about the feel TO YOU thou, so handle a few or find some to shoot is what I would suggest...

sproulman 09-28-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia (Post 3854083)
SBE...
I have retired my Browning Upland Special since owning the SBE - absolutely love it.
My buddy tried it and now is trading retiring his Berreta.

It's all about the feel TO YOU thou, so handle a few or find some to shoot is what I would suggest...

dont know what BERETTA he has but from prices of new berettas,he may be able to get SBE after he sells the BERETTA.
prices are going up.
i was at GANDER MTN and usually they have lots of BERETTAS.uricka field etc.
they had only one but 20 BENELLIS.
i said,WHAT IS HAPPENING?
clerk said,SPROULN THEY SELL AS FAST AS WE GET ONE OR WE HAVE TO ORDER..
i paid 700 for my URICKA FIELD OPTIMA ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO.
i think he said they are well over 1,000 now.

i knew BERETTA was going to have big demand.i saw it right after i bought mine.
i could sell mine for 850 dollars easy even in this bad economy.
my last box of 250 sav bullets was 8.95 in 2004.i grabbed box and it was 43 DOLLARS. dont laugh,all true.

THIS IS NUTS,2 DOLLARS OR MORE A SHOT.....ouch

shepherdbrooks 09-29-2011 03:22 AM

Well, I ended up getting the Beretta A400 Xplor Uriko! I will let yall know after I shoot it.

sproulman 09-29-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by shepherdbrooks (Post 3854307)
Well, I ended up getting the Beretta A400 Xplor Uriko! I will let yall know after I shoot it.

:groupwave: SPROUL HAS SPOKEN!

Edcyclopedia 09-29-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by sproulman (Post 3854485)
:groupwave: SPROUL HAS SPOKEN!

I hope you don't own a KIA:groupwave: Otherwise he'll likely have one of those soon:s4:

sproulman 09-29-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia (Post 3854580)
I hope you don't own a KIA:groupwave: Otherwise he'll likely have one of those soon:s4:

:party0005:

gringo220 10-02-2011 05:56 PM

Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short (story of my life) But I'll give my opinion for anyone that reads this in the future. I purchased a Stoeger 2000 12ga. I hunted all last season with it and never had a single problem. it's supposed to have benelli internal parts to. Just a thought for someone considering something for the future!

ranger56528 10-25-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by gringo220 (Post 3855783)
Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short (story of my life) But I'll give my opinion for anyone that reads this in the future. I purchased a Stoeger 2000 12ga. I hunted all last season with it and never had a single problem. it's supposed to have benelli internal parts to. Just a thought for someone considering something for the future!

Have 2 one for me and one for my son,going to look at a M3500 tomorrow..

mustad 10-26-2011 08:59 AM

The best gun is the one that fits the best. Both brands are very good.

Benelli is the default standard for most serious waterfowlers, but sounds like you'll be doing more dove hunting than waterfowling. Personally, I like the look of the SBE II, but both guns are great.

Good luck!!