Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

How too hunt in US??

Old 08-05-2003, 04:23 AM
Spike

Default How too hunt in US??

Im from sweden and i am curios about how you hunt in the us. In sweden we are renting a bit of private land that we are hunting at for an amount of money pay yearly. I have read that you have something called public land what is that? And which are most common upland dog breed in the us? In the end i want too apologise for my bad english and i hope you can understand me anyway.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:30 AM

Default RE: How too hunt in US??

public land is state or feredally owned acreage that is available for use by the public for recreational purposes like hunting, camping, fishing, or other activities. the most common upland bird dogs though there are many would be your labrador retrievers, brittany spaniels, english setters, irish setters, are the common for my area with an accassional golden retriever. Hope this helps. Hope this helps Gotish good luck.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: How too hunt in US??

Hi, Gotish! No need to apologize for your English! You' re coming across just fine! Public land is for everyone to use and enjoy. Some states have more than others. I am lucky to live in Oregon, which is roughly 50% public land. Alot of states don' t have very much, and alot of people in those states pay for leases on private land like you do. I have two dogs, a black lab and a pitbull-mix. I really don' t hunt with dogs much, but rebel wolf' s list sounds pretty good!