HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   hunting preserves!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/3444-hunting-preserves.html)

HOSS 01-28-2002 09:28 AM

hunting preserves!!

now that bird seasons beenover for a month it's time to get the dog's out and hit the local hunting preserves a time or two. i always said they were a waste of time and money but now i see they can help with the cabin fever a bit and it's good for the dog's how many of you here go to the preserves and how often

halcon 01-28-2002 10:05 PM

RE: hunting preserves!!

Not much here in Oregon but in Ca. about three or four times ayear . We don't have one close to here or I would still be going . Good therapy for the dog or so I told the wife .

Deleted User 01-28-2002 10:18 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Big Lead 01-28-2002 11:01 PM

Hey halcon. If you want to go bird hunting Chuckar, quail, and huns are still open till
Thursday over in eastern Oregon. I just got back yesterday and we busted some chuckars. Get a hold of me sometime and we can go for a
Quad ride. I will show you some
awesome country. You never did connect with me for the mountain quail hunt. I am looking forward to turkey hunting this spring. Hows the hunting dog coming along? Did you get the pup into some birds this year?

Mr. 16 gauge 01-29-2002 06:02 AM

I go as often as I can; usually 6-8 times a year. It is getting more and more difficult to get access to private property to hunt wild birds, and state lands are a nut house, esp. on opening day. Top that with the fact that they only animal our DNR is interested in managing is the whitetail deer, and that our legislature knuckles under to the PETA freaks when it comes to giving us a dove season, and shooting preserves become more and more appealing.

scottsman 01-29-2002 08:58 AM

HOSS..Got one twenty minutes from my house,belive me that's waaay to close. After deer season my little britt just thinks that's fine though.

halcon 01-29-2002 06:08 PM

Big Lead I did try getting ahold of you but someone must not have given you my message .Right now I'm trying to get all my work done on the place so I can't get away .Is this what youwant this spring Give me a call sometime you have my #

Flat Top 01-31-2002 06:22 PM

Have several here in Arkansas. Been 5 times in Jan. The one where I hunt is only about 30 miles from where I live. Has quail, pheasant, & chukar. We only hunt quail. We hunt 2 brittnies (belong to my partner). Good for the dogs and sure does help the cabin fever. - Flat Top from AR.

halcon 02-01-2002 10:52 PM

Flat Top welcome to the board ,I see this was your first post .If you have questions feel free to post away .

Bud Light 02-07-2002 11:49 PM

I have one 4 miles from the house and another about tem miles away. Have never hunted them but hear great things about them. How one gets to own so much land, I will never figure out. You ever try to get all your neighbors together and propagate birds yourselves? It is very inexpensive.