Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

BEST PLACE TO LIVE

Old 07-21-2003, 03:19 PM

Default BEST PLACE TO LIVE

Looking for a small town located right in the heart of some of the best upland and waterfowl and fishing. Needing some suggestions. [email protected]
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BEST PLACE TO LIVE

Ellensburg, Washington.

Wild huns, chukar, pheasant, valley quail, mountain quail, ruffed grouse, blue grouse, sharptail grouse (not legal to shoot in WA), sage grouse (not legal to shoot in WA), spruce grouse and blue grouse, as well as all types of waterfowl at the world-famous " Potholes" are all within 90 minutes of this college town. Most are within 60 minutes. The Yakima River flows right through Ellensburg, and some of the biggest trout are caught within 20 miles of town. You' ll need a driftboat, however, for the best year-round flyfishing.

But I could happily hunt the greatest gamebird of all (the Gray [Hungarian] Partridge) and flyfish the rivers of Southwest Montana from a base in either Bozeman or Livingston or Ennis, MT. Of course, you' ll need Winston rods and fine English Setters to do so, but I have plenty of both.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:51 PM

Minnesota
there are tons of pheasants, and over 10000 lakes plus many rivers and they are loaded with fish
Old 08-02-2003, 05:54 PM

South Dakota elk Mule and whitetail deer, antelope, coyotes and fox, mountain goats bighorn sheep pheasant, sage grouse, sharptail and prairie chicken hungarian partridge, dove, bobwhite and the reason I moved to this state 43 years ago waterfowl.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:59 PM

Great places ,but how long are the winter months,and how cold.Whats the humidity like in the summer,are the insects all friendly?
Old 08-05-2003, 04:44 PM

north dakota, i moved here 15 years ago and have always enjoyed hunting and fishing. The hunting is great there is a lot of game. And the fishing is supreme on lake sakajwea.

That was just my opinion.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say Cascade Montana,Raised there and you can have all the things a person wan' ts to hunt.Phesants,grouse,huns,geese,ducks,deer,elk,bea r on and on and on.Tempratue can be temper mental but your on the banna belt warms up in a hurry.

Fishing right on the Missouri River,rainbow,browns,ling and walley, a 100 miles in either direction you have small mouth,large mouth,perch,catfish,sturgon and paddle fish. and plus you have the mountains and good country.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-11-2003, 05:55 PM

So what are temperatures from January to May like?
Old 08-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: BEST PLACE TO LIVE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.