Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
W-o-o-d-c-o-c-k & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ? >

W-o-o-d-c-o-c-k & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ?

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

W-o-o-d-c-o-c-k & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Exclamation W-o-o-d-c-o-c-k & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ?

I've secured a cabin & board behind a gate on private property in western Maine, just north of Rangeley about 4.5 hours north of Boston. We have room for one- possibly two other hunters and their dogs. We can bring our dogs into the cabin we're sleeping in & we'll have 3 first-class meals provided each day. We will also have access to our own boat/motor to take us across the lake so as to hunt there as well. Our cabin has electric heat as well as a wood stove and a view of Lake Kenebago.

Last year, a friend & I hunted here with 2 dogs (my 5 month old GSP pup & his 8 year old GSP), we contacted roughly 18 W-o-o-d-c-o-c-k per day & 7-8 Grouse per day. We stayed out of the black growth for the most part as my pup was still little. We will arrive before dinner on Wednesday night, 10/13 & have reserved a guide for two days (Thursday & Friday) so we can concentrate on hunting & not worry about getting lost. Saturday, 10/16 we'll hunt on our own and depart by mid afternoon.
The food is phenomenal (dinner always gives you at least two choices: lobster, ribeye steak, shrimp, chicken.....breakfast is anything you can think of: french toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs, omlettes, toast, bacon, ham........ lunch is sandwiches, chips, cookies.....)

If you don't have a dog, you're still welcome to join us. I'm looking to meet some of the folks here that I've been posting with.

PM me for details or email me at: [email protected]

Rob

Last edited by GrayDawg; 05-19-2010 at 03:46 AM.