Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Upland Vest

Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

Filson all the way. You can dump a box of shells in each pocket and roll..... No plastic buckles, polyester, nylon strap crap. Waxed cotton, bridle leather. Only way to fly in my book.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:01 AM
Spike

We just reviewed a ton of vests, and actually prefered the Tenzeng BV16 vest for upland hunting. It has the orange that is required in most states, and it a backpack style similar to what you mentioned.

There's a lot more reasons we liked it that I won't list here, but after testing about 20 vests from various brands this is the one I ended up keeping.

You can check out our article here: https://theuplandhunter.com/best-upland-hunting-vest/
Old 04-09-2018, 03:09 PM
CGD
Spike

Originally Posted by AlphaDog2017
We just reviewed a ton of vests, and actually prefered the Tenzeng BV16 vest for upland hunting. It has the orange that is required in most states, and it a backpack style similar to what you mentioned.

There's a lot more reasons we liked it that I won't list here, but after testing about 20 vests from various brands this is the one I ended up keeping.
I have had my eyes on the Upland Gave Vest X from Alps Outdoorz. Did you get a chance to test that one? If so what were your thoughts?